Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate when passengers get in my car, we are off to a good conversation and they ask "so is this all you do?" Tf. Mind your business. Sometimes I take it as an insult like so all you do is drive? You don't have a real job or career. At the end of the day I probably make more in a day than my pax getting in headed to their bullshït 9-5 job at Wendy's. Point is, just stick to casual conversation, I'm not asking what you do for a living so don't question my choice. Has anyone else been asked this irritating question because I seem to get it all the time.

·
Registered
837 Posts
What's the big deal. If it bothers you make something up. Have fun with it. The likelihood of you running into them again is mighty slim. Tell them you are a songwriter, poet, painter, working on a novel, activist, retired or be proud of what you do.
That's what I do. I totally make up stuff sometimes like where I'm from, what I do, etc. It's always good to throw in something that makes you sympathetic to get tips haha

I actually do have another job but I don't say too much about it

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hate when passengers get in my car, we are off to a good conversation and they ask "so is this all you do?" Tf. Mind your business. Sometimes I take it as an insult like so all you do is drive? You don't have a real job or career. At the end of the day I probably make more in a day than my pax getting in headed to their bullshït 9-5 job at Wendy's. Point is, just stick to casual conversation, I'm not asking what you do for a living so don't question my choice. Has anyone else been asked this irritating question because I seem to get it all the time.
you don't make much more than they do at Wendys, which you seem to disrespect the same way you're cying about paxs disrespecting what you do...your kettle is black.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I do it part time and I use it as an opportunity to find out how good their job is. I've sent leads to friends to some of the better jobs that aren't advertised yet. Amazing what you find out about the places before hand!

·
Registered
703 Posts
you don't make much more than they do at Wendys, which you seem to disrespect the same way you're cying about paxs disrespecting what you do...your kettle is black.
See, now it looks like we are actually starting to break ground on why riders ask these questions. It is why facebook and other social media is so popular, so people can compare and judge themselves against other people. It is why some people do hour commutes one way daily!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Don't you ever talk to a stranger at a social gathering, a bar, wherever and get asked or ask someone, 'what do you do for a living?' Do you get worked up then, too? Or do they tell you none of your business?
Yeah you aren't wrong. It is a conversational ice breaker.

I think its refreshing when people don't ask, and you just end up having a random conversation. A lot of people just want to know how much you make, but they can't come right out and ask. I don't ask people that question because I don't really care.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Two white guys i don't know if they meant well or not maybe had An hidden agenda but was offering me a job.. When i said just so you know my real job... Their response "o you got a job?" Well anyway yea i got a job and just so you know i average 30 to 50 bucks An hour. Their response o i can't payyou that much hell i don't even think i make that much. That Was kinda funny literally

·
Registered
296 Posts
See, now it looks like we are actually starting to break ground on why riders ask these questions. It is why facebook and other social media is so popular, so people can compare and judge themselves against other people. It is why some people do hour commutes one way daily!
Hey Rex, try using the verb are when you use compond subjects ....""It is why facebook and other social media is so popular, so people can compare and judge themselves against other people."" try using are, not is....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.