Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gent, some time ago, can be few months or more someone mentioned a tyre shop in Canning Town area that does a good job using good equipment.

Was trying to find it thread by thread but it's imposible.

Any chance of anyone knowing of good garages doing this job as front ones started to ware out in a strange way.

Thanx.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I usually go to the one near I live (southall discount tyre shop) don't know if that would be of any use to you but pretty happy with their service. they use the Hunter four wheel alignment

you can go there after a drop off to Heathrow but make sure you prebook your slot

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Gent, some time ago, can be few months or more someone mentioned a tyre shop in Canning Town area that does a good job using good equipment.

Was trying to find it thread by thread but it's imposible.

Any chance of anyone knowing of good garages doing this job as front ones started to ware out in a strange way.

Thanx.
Hi matey, I went to ATS Euro master in bow, I got a fell wheel alignment for £76 or 79 I cant quite remember!

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx lads, but I've been to Merc, local tyre shop, ATS, KwickFit, one in Acton as well...and none of them does proper geometry with complete wheel adjustment.
Just alignment is not enough. Car is going straight. No issues there.

Got tyres eaten from inside for some reason and slightly on the otside. Pressure is OK, monitored weekley.

Thanx Singh but bit far away for me.

Anyone had expirience with F1 tyres at Romford or Plaistow?

They also use Hunter gear.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Have you tried the one on barking road just next door to favourite chicken shop, never been there but heard there quite good and cheap

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanx lads, but I've been to Merc, local tyre shop, ATS, KwickFit, one in Acton as well...and none of them does proper geometry with complete wheel adjustment.
Just alignment is not enough. Car is going straight. No issues there.

Got tyres eaten from inside for some reason and slightly on the otside. Pressure is OK, monitored weekley.

Thanx Singh but bit far away for me.

Anyone had expirience with F1 tyres at Romford or Plaistow?

They also use Hunter gear.
If you're talking about www.f1autocentres.co.uk save yourself the the time. Several times, on several cars they always mess up no matter what they do and blamed on me...last time fitted wrong tyres after I've pre-ordered them online. They did the tracking once and had to come back. They said that I've changed a part hense the missalignment...jokers.

However I've been searching in the Canning Town area too and went to http://www.roadrunnertyres.com in Romford. Can't blame them, polite and said that I can always comeback if I've got a complaint. The car is spot on now. No more F1 lol

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
Hunter equipment is capable of doing a print out before and after the adjustments are made can you post screenshots or take photos of the printouts?

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
If they don't use Hunter equipment and give a before and after report then avoid.

Tyre Shop just past Walthamstow Dogs, ask for H.

Or Elite Direct in Rainham (on old A13)

Only two that I would trust with any cars geometry.

An alignment check is next to useless.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they don't use Hunter equipment and give a before and after report then avoid.

Tyre Shop just past Walthamstow Dogs, ask for H.

Or Elite Direct in Rainham (on old A13)

Only two that I would trust with any cars geometry.

An alignment check is next to useless.
Thanx ULbod.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
If you're talking about www.f1autocentres.co.uk save yourself the the time. Several times, on several cars they always mess up no matter what they do and blamed on me...last time fitted wrong tyres after I've pre-ordered them online. They did the tracking once and had to come back. They said that I've changed a part hense the missalignment...jokers.

However I've been searching in the Canning Town area too and went to http://www.roadrunnertyres.com in Romford. Can't blame them, polite and said that I can always comeback if I've got a complaint. The car is spot on now. No more F1 lol
Thanx. Will see which one is closer or who has available asap slot.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
Oh really taz, will stay away frm them, what about there tyres, any good?
Tyres are fine...just there fitting is very iffy....but price and everything is average according to area...tyres in south East are rip offs...I always go east to get mine. Or like last time I went KWIK fit. 4 tyres for 180 quid. Yes they were budget but very good. And they came and fitted at my home address:)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Tyres are fine...just there fitting is very iffy....but price and everything is average according to area...tyres in south East are rip offs...I always go east to get mine. Or like last time I went KWIK fit. 4 tyres for 180 quid. Yes they were budget but very good. And they came and fitted at my home address:)
Hey taz possible you can pm me quick fit number, if they come and fit at home.
Tnx

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Guys, any idea about Halford Autocentres in Barking, behind Tesco, in the industrial estate (canal side, fresh wharf estate)? I did the front wheel alignment however they did not give me any details once its done, other than saying they did it !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts