Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a Cadillac Escalade and drive on XL & Select platforms. My average wait time is 1.5 hours right now. Sometimes hitting 2 hours. I drive mostly Miami Beach as that is where I live.
I can hardly pay for the gas to fill it up at this rate.
Ever since broward banned uber it has been even slower for me.
I'm hoping it will pick up once uber opens back up in Broward as it is beyond super saturated with drivers right now. This is really crazy and really disappointing.

What are your current wait times for pings, and what platform are you on?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Uberx 10-15 minutes with sometimes longer waits if I go late into the night.

Last night I wanted to go home and every time I started that way I would get another ping, eventually I just logged off.

·
Registered
652 Posts
PBI is about 1.5 hours on average for uberX. Boca about 15 min. Downtown wpb 10 min. Jupiter 30 min. Just my experience overthe past months during the mornings, and afternoon. PBI has even been a bit worse over the past week. Usually not worthit there unless you get lucky.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
About getting lucky.... and I'm glad my new policy is to call the Pax when they're far away...

After several days of zero rides or a couple Minimum rides, I got out of the shower this evening and turned on my app at home. Within 30 seconds I get a ping from Lantana which was 18 minutes away. I'm bored so I don't call cause he's on the East side of the Intercoastal and I feel like gambling. He puts a racing suit and helmet in the back seat and tells me to deliver it to the Palm Beach Raceway in West Jupiter on Beeline Highway. He had borrowed it and forgot to return it.

So a piece of clothing and helmet rode for 30 miles UberSelect with no human Pax. But wait, there's more. I drive down Indiantown Road to the Beach and am about to take a walk when I get another ping, 16 minutes away. This time I call and it's a good thing I did. A guy wants me to take his GF to Miami Beach. No problemo. He wants me to call when I get close so he can tell them when I arrive. I do but when I get there no lights are on and nobody appears for 5 minutes. If I hadn't called him I would likely have canceled as no show not knowing the diamond I had found in the rough. I call him again, he calls GF again, and 2 stone cold foxes come out and we truck down to Miami Beach together.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Something else weird happened. I was near the Fountainblue on Collins ave and got 4 pings in a few minutes time. The Pax there is always close by as Uber cars are everywhere. If the Pax is behind you turning around is not easy. You have to drive 1/2 mile and get in the right lane, then wait for a long light and turn around from there. One pax cancelled on me. 2 pax did short rides. The last one was weird. As soon as I accepted, the App (which now shows you as arrived automatically when you get close to the pin) went to the arrived screen because the hotel with the Pax was directly to my right. The problem was I was in the left land in heavy traffic moving 30mph and had to go past it. So I had to drive 1/2 mile and wait to do a Uie at the light. In the meantime, the Pax canceled, which was ok with me, but I thought when you arrived, that if the Pax canceled, they were charged the minimum? In this case they shouldn't be charged, but in almost all others they should and I thought they were. Now I'm confused.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Something else weird happened. I was near the Fountainblue on Collins ave and got 4 pings in a few minutes time. The Pax there is always close by as Uber cars are everywhere. If the Pax is behind you turning around is not easy. You have to drive 1/2 mile and get in the right lane, then wait for a long light and turn around from there. One pax cancelled on me. 2 pax did short rides. The last one was weird. As soon as I accepted, the App (which now shows you as arrived automatically when you get close to the pin) went to the arrived screen because the hotel with the Pax was directly to my right. The problem was I was in the left land in heavy traffic moving 30mph and had to go past it. So I had to drive 1/2 mile and wait to do a Uie at the light. In the meantime, the Pax canceled, which was ok with me, but I thought when you arrived, that if the Pax canceled, they were charged the minimum? In this case they shouldn't be charged, but in almost all others they should and I thought they were. Now I'm confused.
I think the 5 minute rule applies unless you begin the trip.

·
Registered
652 Posts
At Pbi now for 90 minutes and no ping. Only saw one driver leave so far and it wasn't to PBI. Maybe the airport is closed??

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
UberSelect is dead Sunday. Being a holiday, I had no idea. Im 1st in the queue at PBI and have everything East covered from Riviera Beach to Lantina. 1 hour like this and nothing. 5 flights landed at 5:30. Dinner time too. I'm going home. Now its surging. That means all my riders will ping UberX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts