Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pax, esp younger ones are unwilling to walk even small distances. Don't bother me as long as I am close to the pickup. This one is .75KM. Had a shorter one?
Product Map Font Line Parallel

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Pax, esp younger ones are unwilling to walk even small distances. Don't bother me as long as I am close to the pickup. This one is .75KM. Had a shorter one?
View attachment 310569
Mr Reaper, that is quality. I can go one better. Did this one in the Gong last week. The guy was very apologetic and embarrassed as he was visiting from out of town and didn't realise how close he was. I once did an Eats delivery that went 50 metres down the road to a shop 3 doors away.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I took once someone with skateboard from rose bay shopping center to the top of new south head road so he can run down with his skateboard down the hill.then not through the app I did it for him 6 times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I once picked up some American tourists at the Watsons bay ferry stop and they wanted to go to the Gap. Which as most will know is no more than 150m up the hill, and by the time I checked the location with them I was already there. They were shocked and so embarrassed. I understand that when they looked at it on the map it appeared you had to go all the way from one side of the harbour to the ocean. Which they thought would be a few miles. We all had a good laugh and was the easiest cash I ever made.

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
On eats these are the trips I love.

These are becoming more regular where it is quicker for me to walk to customer address rather than get back into car and drive.

Uber have an option now that customer can go to restaurant to pick up food so customer does not have to pay delivery fee.

Did I see any reduction in pings, of course not as reason most people order on eats is they want someone delivering their food to them at door.

No problem with that ,long may it continue and great exercise for me.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
10m. Lost tourist. She was already at her destination. Lol

Thankfully it was only 50m to the pickup location too. I'm surprised FUber let her book it. Then again, nothing should surprise a FUber driver!

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Why would Uber have a problem with that.

Revenue for them and you.

It is a business after all .

I have had drops where restaurant is in same block as apartment so collect food, take lift and deliver.

A couple of times I pointed out to customer restaurant underneath them but don't now as delivering food to door is main part of the Uber eats experience for customer.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Uber X - Shortest was 0.2km - Both pick up and drop of were the same street in Cherrybrook (No number) as soon as I started the trip FUber told me I had reached the destination. Pax could not walk up the hill and yelled at me to drive to the destination. He would not believe me that I was already there because he did not enter any street numbers. In the end I slowly drove up the hill until he told me to stop, I then drove another 100 meters to where I could legally stop and let him out. That was worth the 1 star to make him walk another 100 meters as I knew I was getting a 1 star when I started the trip as the destination was the Pick Up spot.

Uber Eats - Shortest was 0.11km - Maccas North Kellyville delivery to the unit block next door.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Why would Uber have a problem with that.

Revenue for them and you.

It is a business after all .
[
You are right. I do not expect FUber to have a problem with it. However, many other businesses would. For reasons such as:

* I might not be able to stop within 50 or so metres, so the pax might walk 40m past the actual destination.

* FUber would know that the pax is actually very close to their destination, so to be a nice corporate citizen (yes, lol), they might actually notify the customer that they are at their destination, then enter a prompt, are you sure you still require a ride?

* Charging the pax for a service most pax would not prefer not to pay for if they had the choice. Repeat business is important to many customers and p+ssing them off is a good way to lose customers to a competitor. Many would see this is a cash grab.

* There is a major difference between delivering food to the comfort of a customers home, and conveying a passenger to their chosen location....like perhaps a food delivery passenger does not want to go out in public or are time poor. A passenger wanting to get to their destination is already in the public AND waiting for a car to take them 10m is not exactly going to help them if they are time poor.

* It would be a good way to upset a driver that might have driven 20 mins plus to pick up a passenger. We all get those pings. I don't think its a good customer experience to make a passenger wait 20 minutes if a business knows they are also going 10m as well - when the passenger is lost.

I could go on and on (I usually do). However, I also get that you are very pro-FUber (eats) and you are likely to disagree with many or all of the above points. No issue with that, differing points of view help to keep this forum interesting.

Reactions: macbri

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Ultimately, it is the customer decision to request the ride and you can never legislate for stupidity of customer.

My mate who use to drive for Uber told me that 1 guy (student) had drop off after only 200 meters.

Uber is a faceless business and their business model is entirely built on that whether with customer or driver.

I am not pro Uber eats ,just say it as I see it delivering for last 2.5 years.

My only observation with eats it is the easiest money I have made in my entire working life.

I agree with other posters that u will never earn real substantial income with eats but I have averaged $1100 per week over last 3 weeks without killing myself.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I don't understand how the PAX doesn't know it was going to be a short trip - when you request a trip it shows you Point A and Point B. I don't accept the Oh i didn't know - its just lazyness and some people have cash to blow :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.