Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wifi hot spot going with 5stars as the pass with a laminated sign on back of seat.

Tip cup with a short string of white leds and a sign with a rotating "funny" tip comment as well as explaining that they're not mandatory yada yada

A USB hub velcroed to the back of the center console with all the major charger cables

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I have a wifi hot spot going with 5stars as the pass with a laminated sign on back of seat.

Tip cup with a short string of white leds and a sign with a rotating "funny" tip comment as well as explaining that they're not mandatory yada yada

A USB hub velcroed to the back of the center console with all the major charger cables
Pics, or it never happened!

Oh, wait...

How about a pic of your setup? There's other threads out here somewhere with some really good setups.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My iPhone (4th gen) is on the phone holder just below the radio. Always plugged in and my Aux cable is also plugged in.
Since I have a windows phone, I bring that along with the charger.
I have another 12V charger in the second row since my kids have Samsung phones and my wife as a new iPhone so there is a charger for her in the front.
All are available for use for the pax if wanted.
I have bottled water for myself in the trunk and mints in the front for me.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Just warning you now, you WILL have people who are going to take from your tip jar. Atleast, I used to put gum in the center cup holder and people have taken it. Not sure if you empty it after every deposit or not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just warning you now, you WILL have people who are going to take from your tip jar. Atleast, I used to put gum in the center cup holder and people have taken it. Not sure if you empty it after every deposit or not.
Jokes on them, I acctually cut up each bill I get in half and tape it up with a different half so that it's no good anyways. No loss for me.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Jokes on them, I acctually cut up each bill I get in half and tape it up with a different half so that it's no good anyways. No loss for me.
No one ever checks the serial numbers on 2 taped halves.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Haven't cleaned from last night since I didn't drive today.

https://i.imgur.com/4FnRNoM.jpg
Fixed it for you. :D

What's all that chicken wire dangling around everywhere?

This is my setup

I do agree though, in your setup, you cannot keep an eye on that tip jar. It may end up light on occasion. I would splurge $10 for something like this so you can at least lock it and maybe even Velcro it down into your console:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have my phone mounted to a vent on the LEFT side of the steering column. Pax have no business knowing what's on my phone as they can hear my navigation.

I have an android phone and only have a USB type C charging cable that is always plugged into my phone. If they want to charge their phone they can bring a cable. Otherwise "Sorry, my <insert phone type> charger got stolen by a passenger a few trips ago." And I point to an empty built in USB slot on the dash. Everyone I tell this at least tips me a buck. Lol

·
Premium Member
63,041 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts