Sun DAY OFF
Mon 3am-7pm
Tues 3am-7pm
Wed 3am- 7pm
Thurs M/W schedule or Weekend schedule
Fri 9/10pm- 6am
Sat 9/10pm- 6am

Any suggestions?
Also can you clock hours with uber and lyft at the same time shut one down when u get a PAX?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
3 or 4 16 hour days in a row?? That's unsafe and irresponsible IMO! I would rethink that schedule.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hubby wants to work
Sun DAY OFF
Mon 3am-7pm
Tues 3am-7pm
Wed 3am- 7pm
Thurs M/W schedule or Weekend schedule
Fri 9/10pm- 6am
Sat 9/10pm- 6am

Any suggestions?
Also can you clock hours with uber and lyft at the same time shut one down when u get a PAX?
Thats a very aggressive schedule and probably not safe for both the driver and the PAXs. As a new driver I suggest you learn the times and places where you will get the quickest pings. At the end of the day its not hard to figure out yet we have plenty of new drivers just roaming around at the wrong place at the wrong time and causing congestion. I am not saying that will be the case for you. If you are smart and know the busiest times and places you can make the same $ By putting in less hours.

I have gone from working 6 days 11-12 hr shift to now only 4-5 days 8-10 hrs the most. I am still making the same $. As you drive more, yu will gain more knowledge. I just refuse to work during certain times due to more than enough and clueless drivers out there. Waste of my time.

Experiment my friend and change your stragety here and there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are his hours at his current job so he's used to be up at that time so there's no safety issue. So how much you usually take home especially since we have to start with a rental and then buy a hoopty. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Stopped working the early morning shift. Often will get a fare to JFK and you are pretty much done for the rest of the morning. Too many drivers and not many incoming flights to wait there. Takes too long to deadhead back to the city. Driving around Queens sucks.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Those are his hours at his current job so he's used to be up at that time so there's no safety issue. So how much you usually take home especially since we have to start with a rental and then buy a hoopty. :)
Beign on the road driving all day is not like any other job, wife would not know, most wife's are pretty clueless in regards to how tiring and stressful it can be to be behind the wheel working "not window shopping, joy riding" , I should know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beign on the road driving all day is not like any other job, wife would not know, most wife's are pretty clueless in regards to how tiring and stressful it can be to be behind the wheel working "not window shopping, joy riding" , I should know.
Nah he was a truck driver and had to lift up alot of weight... he loves driving and cabbing is for him easy. Honestly if you belong behind a desk then thats what u should do...my hubby likes and belongs behind the wheel. Also don't lump all wives together cause work is work cabbing is not joy riding. Cabbing is dealing with customers, the base, other cabbies, the car breaking down, its headaches. So is every other job.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wouldn't make any serious financial commitments to the industry if he has no prior experience with it. Although they both are "professional driving", cabbing is a totally different game than trucking and that's about all they have in common. He may end up deciding he hates it in 6 months and wants to go back to trucks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nah he was a truck driver and had to lift up alot of weight... he loves driving and cabbing is for him easy. Honestly if you belong behind a desk then thats what u should do...my hubby likes and belongs behind the wheel. Also don't lump all wives together cause work is work cabbing is not joy riding. Cabbing is dealing with customers, the base, other cabbies, the car breaking down, its headaches. So is every other job.
Trust me when I tell you that driving a cab is completely diff than any other driving. I dont care how much you or anyone loved driving but this will put you through so much stress and at the end of the day you will be saying to yourself "why the hell i decided to do this"
I am just talking from my experience and many other experienced drivers who have been in the game for a while will tell you the same. Not trying to discourage you or anyone but just shedding a light on the FACTS!

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I never worked behind a desk, my previous job 6 years in the Terrazzo flooring industry, "and twenty years before with a different construction company, never SAT ON MY ASS" , only a few MEN could do what I did "had many that came in like Cowboys and left in a flash like whimpering children" , grinding stone for 10 hours a day "Terrazzo flooring industry" is not for everyone , and the use heavy industrial machinery, the company went under do to ownership over expanding and we ran into cash flow issues "too big too fast" , 30-50 million dollars of annual work, but without cash flow any business is dead in the water.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I work mon-thrus 6am-8pm and fri sat sun off sept-mid may and I rent don't own gross bet 1800-2100 take home bet 1200-1400.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I work mon-thrus 6am-8pm and fri sat sun off sept-mid may and I rent don't own gross bet 1800-2100 take home bet 1200-1400.
If you gross $1800
- $560 (Uber's cut+BCF+ST)
$1240 before your car expenses (fuel and car rental fee)

Sorry but your numbers don't add up, your typical uneducated uber driver.
Also don't forget that at the end of the year you will receive a 1099, and you are liable for 35% Taxes on that gross money that was deposited into your account, since you rent the car you can not write off the miles. Merry Christmas.

Now if uber deposits 1800 into your account, it means your total fares where 2600 for four days work, which means you do $650 worth of fares a day, and that is your lower amount you posted, and I have a bridge to sell you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts