Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Portland area drivers... which company do you like better (or perhaps, which do you feel less hatred towards)?

And in one or two brief sentences, WHY

·
Registered
93 Posts
Honestly I feel like uber is more honest. More so with the surge map because I can see where the surge is and what it should be rather than pink blocks. Oh and the surge effects the neighborhood as it should rather than just one square.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
In spite of their ownership/upper management woes, bad press, oft times “game playing” with driver pay and programs, and the algorithmic driver “discipline” system, I see Uber as a better run company from the driver’s standpoint. Communications seem less vague and nebulous, are more detailed and logical, and from my experience, U delivers more of what it promises, whether I like it or not.

Lyft, otoh, seems more like a high school business class project in operation. Not as polished, not as professional. New program or product startups seem to leave one scratching one’s head, communications are worded more rudimentarily, even confusingly. Not from experience but from reading here on UP, it seems Lyft deactivates drivers more arbitrarily and is slower to respond to drivers trying to get back on the platform.

I’ve never had a payment issue with either other than both seem to take a higher percentage of the rider paid fare at times, approaching 50% sometimes. But, I always get my base, mileage and time and any bonus pay.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Uber isn't the best company, but it is what it is. Sure people don't understand that they are destroying their cars, but it's really on the driver to figure that out.

"You have lost contact with the Lyft system. Please relocate to an area with better network coverage."
Lyft lies.
They play games
They treat us like children and on a drop of a hat they Will terminate you.

I get 4x more bad ratings on Lyft.
Albeit I get more tips with them.
Their pdx rematch is better.
But besides that.

Uber works better for me.

Oh I forget, is it too hard for Lyft to put what I made that day on the front screen? Must I tabulate my fare and tips and fees???
The Lyft App in general is pretty bad. Pink squares? Really? Don't mean anything anyhow.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
I can't stand how one can't cancel incoming requests on Lyft...sometimes I'm tired, in a bad area, need a bathroom break, etc., and it's too much pressure wondering if I'll get hit with an unwanted ping.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sometimes, just sometimes Lyft’s surge percentage is way better though, like tonight. I’ll take the 700% unicorn I caught over the 4.1x rides I saw in uber!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sometimes, just sometimes Lyft's surge percentage is way better though, like tonight. I'll take the 700% unicorn I caught over the 4.1x rides I saw in uber!
Screen shot or it didn't happen. This is PDX. 700%?? Come on, only time I've seen that kind of number was during last winter's snow storms.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
mrDEE630, What type of device are you using? Looks iPhone with Verizon which is what I have but my app screens never looks like that, with the bottom banner showing the percentage and rate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
mrDEE630, What type of device are you using? Looks iPhone with Verizon which is what I have but my app screens never looks like that, with the bottom banner showing the percentage and rate.
It's the new rating thing for Lyft, this is what pops up as soon as you end the ride and if you want to rate the pax you click the star.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thx

Most impressive that you actually caught a 700% PT! Kinda like Pokémon-very elusive.
Yeah I felt bad cancelling on the 200% I was going to pick up from the moda when I saw she was going 6 blocks and this was the next pax! 700%, had walked two blocks from the moda, was actually going a couple miles, didn't complain once about the price of the ride and tipped me on the app! I about blew my load!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts