Uber Drivers Forum banner

What's your ONT queue limit?

931 views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Amsoil Uber Connect 
#1 ·
I've noticed several times this week the ONT queue was over 40 cars (WTF?!). Even with a packed flight schedule dont you still sit for 1-2 hours and end up taking non-airport rides from the local hotels/gas stations/truckstop instead?

or, in other words, do you have to be crazy to wait in a 40+ car queue at ONT???

#3 ·
Yah we’ll i’ve seen it that full many times in the past.. I think you may overestimate the power of UberPeople.net (or overestimate the ability of most of those drivers to be able to work their Google machine and find that post).
But you’re right, seems like a huge wast of time.

#4 ·
Yah we'll i've seen it that full many times in the past.. I think you may overestimate the power of UberPeople.net (or overestimate the ability of most of those drivers to be able to work their Google machine and find that post).
But you're right, seems like a huge wast of time.
Don't underestimate the power of UP.net. Lots of lurkers here. I totally screwed up a regular surge by discussing it here. Killed it sure as ****.

ONT will correct itself because a couple days of sitting in the lot will teach everybody to go elsewhere. OR too many drivers will show up and start misbehaving and ONT will complain and Uber/Lyft will start deactivating us like at LAX. They know we are in the lot longer than 30 minutes. They know we go offline when on ONT property when we're working two apps. Both are rule violations (going offline when at ONT, and being in the lot for longer than 30 minutes).

#6 ·

Got a IEHP trip to Upland, um k, Tried to get to the AP but every trip took me further west. The set lyft filter to San Berdo and it takes me 6.6 miles north ? like wtf ? Oh right, 210, baseline off white ave. Just jump on the 210 to San Berdo. Ugh, I see how that works. or not. . Now desperate to go east cause now I'm in Poo / Line territory. Made it, a nice girl from NY who tipped 7, but yet a few miles away still. It's about 3:30, 9 lyft, about same uber. Check arrival sched. Um ok. maybe 2o min, first request, on the other side of Haven, Ahhh, no, Next 60+, crap, ok. Goes to Winchester, 55 miles, south 15, smfh, at this time of day, F...! I'd a been better off going 60/215, at least there's a carpool lane for the first 20 miles. The guy did tip 15 so 67 net and dead mile home is only half way back. With Monday being a new record one day earnings so is this week. God I love being an ant. Ugh.... Taking the weekend off again. :D

#9 ·
Funny thing is that if you "no thanks" more than 2 pings, Uber PUTS you offline.. so THEN what??
Exactly. First time they put me offline I thought "Okay, I just went offline at the airport. This will probably going to come back and bite me in the butt."

If I accept a Lyft trip I go offline with Uber to take myself out of the queue. And vice versa if I accept Uber first.

What is there to go offline there for? Only time it surges is when there is an absolute lack of drivers. And why should I get in trouble for signing off Uber in favor of Lyft, or cause I want to patronize a business inside the geofence?
No, no, no... there is no going offline for tactical reasons at ONT. It is either getting kicked offline for ignoring all the fake/outside pings or going offline to handle the other platform. Surge doesn't even come in to play here. This is a basefare airport,

#10 ·
You want surge ? Go about 40 miles west. Plenty of Poo-towing-the-Line there.

#15 ·
Speaking of QUE. Just call me the "Que Jumper" Get a student from UCR to the AP. As I'm rolling up to Term 4 Lyft is telling me XXXX has been added. Um, Ok. He was actually at the ride share pick up area, Ya shocker I know, most haven't made it past baggage claim. I actullay pulled up right in front of him. Drop the student off he gets in and off to Corona. 16 drivers ahead of me. :D lmao, sorry guys your turn will come.

#18 ·
Ha Ha , well then Uber craps all over me. Not that I wanted to be at the AP yesterday. The pen looked more like a tail gate party than people wanting to work. But I guess the regulars are getting to know one another.
First ping a 4.55 clear across the AP , nope , second I forgot but not a terminal, third off Vineyard south of AP 4.3 miles away, accept it but txt the rider say I'm in the AP que and not coming, txts back so your not coming ? I'm not leaving the que. She Cancels, Then with 20 drivers in the que why do I keep getting her request ? !!! :mad: Three times in a row followed by an imedite cancel. Finally I go off line for a minute, back on and get a term request. This crap happens every time when I'm, your next in line. 5:50-6:00pm.

Reactions: IERide
#20 ·
Every time I roll in it starts at 21-30, within 5 minutes it updates and 11-20 or less.

The place is notorious for requests outside of the terminals, especially when people are getting off work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.