Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good, bad, funny or sad, what was your most memorable trip for the holiday Weekend?

I was honored to provide transportation service for Mr. O'Brian, Consul General of Ireland, in town to kick off the Chicago St. Patrick's Day festivities. What's the odds, huh? Nice fellow, great chat!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Good, bad, funny or sad, what was your most memorable trip for the holiday Weekend?

I was honored to provide transportation service for Mr. O'Brian, Consul General of Ireland, in town to kick off the Chicago St. Patrick's Day festivities. What's the odds, huh? Nice fellow, great chat!
My best memory was staying home and reading all the horror stories on here from Uber drivers :). Made for some great reading material while in the crapper.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

In this whole city of Irish people, celebrating St Patrick's Day, there wasn't a single person willing to offer the master of ceremony a free ride to the event - he had to resort to Uber ?!?

Perhaps he was just giving you some Blarney stones

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In this whole city of Irish people, celebrating St Patrick's Day, there wasn't a single person willing to offer the master of ceremony a free ride to the event - he had to resort to Uber ?!?

Perhaps he was just giving you some Balarney stone
LOL :D Think about it.... Would you ask someone who's Irish for a ride on St. Patrick's Day weekend? :confused: The trip was Friday night; picked up @ the Drake. Pre-event planning with other dignitaries. He's legit, I got his business card.

·
Registered
283 Posts
A person with groceries left a potato in my back seat floor, they were not celebrating, they were going to Garfield park, but i thought it was an interesting end to the the Saturday

·
Registered
607 Posts
I had quite efficient night, was on a 20 rides quest, started at midnight. Had about 6 rides, nothing crazy, was even surprised it's kinda quiet and then I had 3 trips in a row with drunk people :
Pool, good looking lady sits in a back, her anoying bf next to me lol keeps asking me personal questions, goes for handshakes repeatedly, says I passed Hyatt Regency (well, I prefer staying on Wacker vs going straight to South Water and up the ramp). We arrive, lady says she's gonna tip me via Ubers app, I say it's not possible here in Chicago. She looked really surprised and dumbfounded, because according to her in Toledo there is tipping option. Oh well, guess who saved the day, yup, the annoying bf, he hands me $20. TYVM :)
Next party of three girls, short trip, though street was packed, took me longer get there than to drop them off.
Last drunk for the night was a lady who full time driver for Uber. Dropped her off by Kedzie. The only tip I got from her was to take Chicago Ave to downtown lol I didn't wanna waste time and stayed online. As one posted in this forum, Westside is "cool". Got one shorty to towing place, dudes car got impounded due to time change he said, he overslept. Next ping I got was for ORD, there I got rematched and back downtown and from there started to get sober people lol
Sorry for lengthy post, I'm on my way to Iowa, long way to go ;)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had quite efficient night, was on a 20 rides quest, started at midnight. Had about 6 rides, nothing crazy, was even surprised it's kinda quiet and then I had 3 trips in a row with drunk people :
Pool, good looking lady sits in a back, her anoying bf next to me lol keeps asking me personal questions, goes for handshakes repeatedly, says I passed Hyatt Regency (well, I prefer staying on Wacker vs going straight to South Water and up the ramp). We arrive, lady says she's gonna tip me via Ubers app, I say it's not possible here in Chicago. She looked really surprised and dumbfounded, because according to her in Toledo there is tipping option. Oh well, guess who saved the day, yup, the annoying bf, he hands me $20. TYVM :)
Next party of three girls, short trip, though street was packed, took me longer get there than to drop them off.
Last drunk for the night was a lady who full time driver for Uber. Dropped her off by Kedzie. The only tip I got from her was to take Chicago Ave to downtown lol I didn't wanna waste time and stayed online. As one posted in this forum, Westside is "cool". Got one shorty to towing place, dudes car got impounded due to time change he said, he overslept. Next ping I got was for ORD, there I got rematched and back downtown and from there started to get sober people lol
Sorry for lengthy post, I'm on my way to Iowa, long way to go ;)
In easy traffic I'd Take DT-ORD-DT runs (and vis-a-versa) all shift long if I could!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts