Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with after club's late nite riders want uber drive thru food run, all the time
Yesterday 2:00 AM i had a rider semi drunk with the girlfriend insisting me to drive thru Taco Bell please on the way
before drop off at home, drive thru only had 1 car line good thing on that, now taco bell did not had food ready for the next 20 min because the were out of meat,
i received a pin for another pickup at that time and was surging X2.7 now rider said to please go across to stake-shake now that took about 20 min for their food to be ready that was horrible, I was trying to be nice about it but things escalated to another level there for them trying to hold me up that's how it end it up, the pin i had on hold cancel and by the time i finished surge was over but i got at least a $20 tip. But not all the time we get a good tip at least, and we waist our time just to get a 5 star rating and not a good tip for the hold up

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wait. I'm confused. You're complaining because you got a $20 tip? You think the cancelled ride would have been more than $20?

Then you say that it's part of the process?

I think you did pretty well. There are a handful of things you have no control over. Happy you had a successful trip.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What's with after club's late nite riders want uber drive thru food run, all the time
Yesterday 2:00 AM i had a rider semi drunk with the girlfriend insisting me to drive thru Taco Bell please on the way
before drop off at home, drive thru only had 1 car line good thing on that, now taco bell did not had food ready for the next 20 min because the were out of meat,
i received a pin for another pickup at that time and was surging X2.7 now rider said to please go across to stake-shake now that took about 20 min for their food to be ready that was horrible, I was trying to be nice about it but things escalated to another level there for them trying to hold me up that's how it end it up, the pin i had on hold cancel and by the time i finished surge was over but i got at least a $20 tip. But not all the time we get a good tip at least, and we waist our time just to get a 5 star rating and not a good tip for the hold up
What was the actual fare?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
What's with it is they have the booze munchies , haven't you gone out drinking before ? at the end of the night you're always hungry

That being said when I use to work the bar closing shifts I never took people through the drive thru at those times , the surge is too high for sitting in a line waiting for crappy food .
If there is no surge and I know a surge is a ways out I'll go through as long as the line isn't long but I just say if you want to get food you either have to buy me something . I have only gotten one passenger that said they wouldn't buy me anything , to which i replied well sorry I can't go through the drive thru for you then . Most just offer to buy something when they ask

Just remember you don't have to do anything you don't want to do , if you don't want to do food runs then just say no you're sorry . Offer to drop them off at the restaurant and then they can call another Uber when they're done

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
D-Uber you made out like a BANDIT. I get that all the time and my drunks don't tip. I'm too impatient to sit through a drive thru for myself so I get migraines sitting through so many for Uber passengers while I'm losing money.

Jimmy- you must have great feedback.......lol

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
D-Uber you made out like a BANDIT. I get that all the time and my drunks don't tip. I'm too impatient to sit through a drive thru for myself so I get migraines sitting through so many for Uber passengers while I'm losing money.

Jimmy- you must have great feedback.......lol

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Damn...........lol

oh you're select - does that make a difference?

Right now I feel like its a no-win situation. I either have to put up with abusive pax or deal with Uber hounding me about too many cancellations, etc.

I had to call the police last night for the first time when a puker and his crazy gf wouldn't get out of my car. Uber and the police were great but I was a little shook up. They weren't the first ones to go off on me last night, a group of guys berated me for 17min straight bc I wouldn't let them bring open beers into the car. NONSTOP. WTF.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I now completely avoid working past midnight and usually I'm off the road by 10 pm on the weekends . I make the majority of my money Sun-Tue and Friday day .

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I now completely avoid working past midnight and usually I'm off the road by 10 pm on the weekends . I make the majority of my money Sun-Tue and Friday day .
how many total trips do you have? I'm still relatively 'new' because I only drive weekends.........well mostly

·
Premium Member
60,470 Posts
You just missed 5 surge rides catering to a drunk who didn't tip.
Good news is you got 15 cents a minute idleing your car with a.c. on

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Yes, that helps, I noticed that as my trip ratio goes up, my rating gets higher.
I'm about to give up and its a shame because I know I'm a good driver.

I have a negative 'service' comment today from the drunk who puked all over my car last night. The comment section actually suggests I should learn to hold doors open. That's going to stay on my comment section FOREVER because I'm also driving Uber & Lyft and only a limited amount of days.

My rating also dropped several points and even if she gave me a '1' it shouldn't have dropped that far, I rarely have issues with passengers.
Uber also rated me last weekend for a non-passenger 'altercation' when I declined to cram 5 drunk college students in my X.

I'm getting 'cancellation' emails from Uber because ppl cancel or force me to cancel when I won't take open containers or more than 4 pax. Or babies wo car seats.

So I follow the rules/laws and I get slammed. Other Ubers come in behind me and cram 5-6 ppl in an UberX and get away with it. I guess Uber wants me to break the law if I drive for them because following the laws is getting me in trouble.

Any suggestions? Cause otherwise I'm pretty sure last night was my last night, I'm quitting.

·
Premium Member
60,470 Posts
Yes, that helps, I noticed that as my trip ratio goes up, my rating gets higher.
I'm about to give up and its a shame because I know I'm a good driver.

I have a negative 'service' comment today from the drunk who puked all over my car last night. The comment section actually suggests I should learn to hold doors open. That's going to stay on my comment section FOREVER because I'm also driving Uber & Lyft and only a limited amount of days.

My rating also dropped several points and even if she gave me a '1' it shouldn't have dropped that far, I rarely have issues with passengers.
Uber also rated me last weekend for a non-passenger 'altercation' when I declined to cram 5 drunk college students in my X.

I'm getting 'cancellation' emails from Uber because ppl cancel or force me to cancel when I won't take open containers or more than 4 pax. Or babies wo car seats.

So I follow the rules/laws and I get slammed. Other Ubers come in behind me and cram 5-6 ppl in an UberX and get away with it. I guess Uber wants me to break the law if I drive for them because following the laws is getting me in trouble.

Any suggestions? Cause otherwise I'm pretty sure last night was my last night, I'm quitting.
Pukers should be banned from rating
For life !

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Pukers should be banned from rating
For life !
Its not just rating, I have a reported "service issue" now on my Uber account. It says I'm unprofessional and I should consider the needs of my riders, making them more comfortable, finding an alternate route, holding the door open, etc. I guess the fact that they threatened me, I had to call the POLICE (I'm upset, I know I'm shouting) and I had to drive off with my car doors open to get away from them just wasn't in the realm of courteous. Next time I should maybe stick around and get beat up? Or let them continue to vomit all over my car and order me around?

The police said I did the right thing. They went looking for them but apparently the pukers were able to catch a new Uber before the police arrived. We were in a fairly remote area of Tampa/Pasco in FL so it was isolated and I felt unsafe with them in the car.

·
Premium Member
60,470 Posts
Its not just rating, I have a reported "service issue" now on my Uber account. It says I'm unprofessional and I should consider the needs of my riders, making them more comfortable, finding an alternate route, holding the door open, etc. I guess the fact that they threatened me, I had to call the POLICE (I'm upset, I know I'm shouting) and I had to drive off with my car doors open to get away from them just wasn't in the realm of courteous. Next time I should maybe stick around and get beat up? Or let them continue to vomit all over my car and order me around?

The police said I did the right thing. They went looking for them but apparently the pukers were able to catch a new Uber before the police arrived. We were in a fairly remote area of Tampa/Pasco in FL.
Probably from some rider who deserved and should have been kicked out of your car before completion of the ride ! Show no mercy to these low life's ! You have seen what they do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts