Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two nights in a row of sold out concerts at Red Rocks and select never surged. Last night couldn't even get a select ping so I went on X platform at least got 2.5 surge. But tonight even X wasn't surging for long and never hit over 2. I typically can guarantee a surge over 2 on select after a concert. What's going on?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Doing a private drop off and pick up at Red Rocks tonight ( Saturday). What's the best entrance drop off and pick up spot for UBER..? Will use my Uber sticker to get up and down to the best location for my customers...

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
There is a thread showing the new map for it, but I for X/Select/XL and Lyft it's the lower lot by the Trading post, for Black it's the upper lot.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thank you. Looks like without my Uber trade dress I can drop off right at top of the hill and than stage at the Trading Post area later in the evening for their ride back to Longmont.. Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Unless you are Uber Black or SUV, I don't think they will let you off at the top, you will have to drop and pickup at the bottom

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Two nights in a row of sold out concerts at Red Rocks and select never surged. Last night couldn't even get a select ping so I went on X platform at least got 2.5 surge. But tonight even X wasn't surging for long and never hit over 2. I typically can guarantee a surge over 2 on select after a concert. What's going on?
In most markets surge is now a thing of the past. Your market is probably catching up ...

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I saw Red Rocks get up to 6X surge last night, around 1245am on X. Sadly I was not there..

Isn't that pretty late for red rocks to be surging/peaking? I assume that was the peak, but maybe it got higher than 6X earlier?

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
In most markets surge is now a thing of the past. Your market is probably catching up ...
There are still plenty of opportunities in the Denver market to benefit from dynamic surge pricing, but like many aspects of this gig - and like FAC experienced this weekend - it's never a sure thing. I work mostly days and rarely modify my routine to work or chase surge, yet in terms of total added surge, last week was my second best week of 2016.

upload_2016-7-4_13-8-33.png

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are still plenty of opportunities in the Denver market to benefit from dynamic surge pricing, but like many aspects of this gig - and like FAC experienced this weekend - it's never a sure thing. I work mostly days and rarely modify my routine to work or chase surge, yet in terms of total added surge, last week was my second best week of 2016.

View attachment 47299
Nicely done. If I was a morning person I'd do the day shift too. But early mornings are like molecules, it's a scientific fact they exist it's just I've just I've never seen them before.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw Red Rocks get up to 6X surge last night, around 1245am on X. Sadly I was not there..

Isn't that pretty late for red rocks to be surging/peaking? I assume that was the peak, but maybe it got higher than 6X earlier?
I noticed red rocks having late night surges lately. Maybe it's the pax left stranded on the mountain and all drivers have left.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honey Pots= Greeley and Central City......
I was curious about Blackhawk/Central City. I head to Golden often to see my BFF and thought about heading up there on a few occasions. Greely never occurred to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am in Greeley a lot and I have turned my app on, and I have never been pinged. So I don't about Greeley.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Honey Pots= Greeley and Central City......
I am in Greeley a lot and I have turned my app on, and I have never been pinged. So I don't about Greeley.
I'm fairly certain the suggestion to work Greeley and Central City was made in jest: perhaps a bit of trickery to lead folks away from the real action in an attempt to "thin the herd" so to speak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts