Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice today one driver with his driver side view mirror being held on with blue duct tape,
another driver gets out of her car in what appear to be sweats and pajamas.
Another dude has sweats and wearing a hoodie in his beat up ride.
Really ? I am not saying we need to dress up, but really I cant imagine even wanting to get in a car
with some of these low lifes. One person had a beat up two door car
Anyone have any pride, and you know who you are, if any of ya showed up to give me a ride I would take one look and say No Thanks...wow if you are giving rides I guess the public really must be really dumb.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
I notice today one driver with his driver side view mirror being held on with blue duct tape,
Really ? I am not saying we need to dress up, but really I cant imagine even wanting to get in a car
Anyone have any pride, and you know who you are, if any of ya showed up to give me a ride I would take one look and say No Thanks...wow if you are giving rides I guess the public really must be really dumb.
Get what you pay for! For $3 minimums they should be happy that driver's aren't naked also you can't uber in a 2 door. Maybe they was doing uber eats.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
ROFLMAO, at the rates and the amount of $$ people make driving Uber, your lucking they wear clothes? JMO

·
Registered
952 Posts
Where are you getting $ 0.81 per mile?? the current "non-Hartford" rate is $ 0.6525 per mile.... "Hartford" rate is $ 0.6075....
LOL . that's even worse.

sad thing is , if you buy an older car to drive, you'll more likely get some bad ratings. I really don't do ridesharing much at all anymore, but if I get back into it again I'll only do it with a car worth no more than 5K

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
I think wearing athletic wear, pajamas and hoodies to Uber is low class but it doesn't stop many from sporting such attire.

Some drivers wonder why some pax don't respect us. Hmmm...
I wear what's comfortable! I drive x and xl, if I was driving premium then I would probably dress up a little. I wear hoodies and jeans and my rating is a 4.94 and I do well on tips and out of 4200 rides I can count on one hand how many time someone tried to disrespect me.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
ROFLMAO, hey pal, at $2 dollars an hour, we're lucking to be wearing any thing, you don't go to walmart looking for top of the line stuff, just remember Uber is Walmart on Wheels,please keep your standards low,jmo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow really you have a problem with sweats of all things. I'm sorry that you think out in Connecticut that a person is low class wearing sweats and thinking that makes them a low rated driver. Darling if your doing Just regular uber/lyft and going 15/20 for a 3.00 ride or a pax can be 30 min away and then you give them a ride down the street you can wear whatever you want. You really need to stop being anal. I wear sweats and have a five star rating with over 5000 rides. What do you care what other people are doing mind your business and worry about putting that suit and tie on for your $3 ride.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
For cold weather days I tend to wear black sweat pants and a matching black sweat shirt. Sometimes, if it is on or near a holiday, I will wear an extra-large novelty t-shirt over the black sweat shirt. (Most of them are from "The Mountain.com":, but a few Halloween T's came from Wal-Marts....)

I know that when I started this gig and looked to You Tube for advice there were a lot of Uber drivers wearing suits and ties, talking about how they do the business.... Then Travis cut all the driver's pay... the economics are different now... I wash my car at a commercial car wash once every two weeks.... I do attempt to keep the windows clean at all times tho.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts