Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course, let's pack the small area with a car on every corner and everyone with an uber lease can drive in the burns for regular rate.

I dropped a friend off in DC with the intention of driving all day, now I just feel stupid for having to go home.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also noticed that the app doesn't ask if you want to be time out, it just does it based on whatever

·
Premium Member
24,055 Posts
I hit 95 rides/Platinum for this???

Was that bronze or silver?

Glad I don't drive daytime anyway

Map World Font Line Screenshot

·
Premium Member
24,055 Posts
I am on silver. I guess I can see their logic in taking the majority of the map away from me. How does it feel to hit 95+ rides to keep X1.2?
I feel like a kid in a Penn State shower with Uncle Jerry scrubbing my back...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sat in my reward zone like a good little boy for 20 minutes and nothing. This is awesome. I guess all good thing must come to an end, at least I own my car outright and it doesn't have a million miles on it *attempts to make himself fee better but fails*

What I am really curious about is how many people are driving at regular rate?

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
What I am really curious about is how many people are driving at regular rate?
THIS

To keep platinum, it seems you will HAVE to do reg rate, or the crappie 1.2x, JUST to be awarded a lil bonus in the downtown area. I sure hope people refuse to drive for reg rate and the silly 1.2x,otherwise, the nice bonuses are history. They'll only go back up if y'all stop driving.

Bart McCoy is not driving this weekend with maps looking like that!!!

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
THIS

To keep platinum, it seems you will HAVE to do reg rate, or the crappie 1.2x, JUST to be awarded a lil bonus in the downtown area. I sure hope people refuse to drive for reg rate and the silly 1.2x,otherwise, the nice bonuses are history. They'll only go back up if y'all stop driving.

UberSaur is barely motivated to drive as well for anything less than 1.6X.. The high likelihood of surge after dark is the only redeeming factor for still wanting to drive.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THIS

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I might drive then. The only surge today will be during the drunk rush hour. I did 14 rides in 3 hours last night in the rain and made a quick $100. No traffic, no pedestrians and pax are a bit more grateful.

UberSaur, you referred to surge, do you tend to drive the very late hours?

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I might drive then. The only surge today will be during the drunk rush hour. I did 14 rides in 3 hours last night in the rain and made a quick $100. No traffic, no pedestrians and pax are a bit more grateful.

UberSaur, you referred to surge, do you tend to drive the very late hours?
Yes Saur does best at night. The later the better.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think what they are doing is trying to get drivers for the stupid uber pool pass. Only give incentives to those that drive uber pool so they can have enough drivers for all the pool pass pax. Wouldn't be surprised to see an hourly incentive where you need a high acceptance rate and be on that pool pass zone to get. I bet that is coming

·
25,810 Posts
I sure hope people refuse to drive for reg rate and the silly 1.2x,otherwise, the nice bonuses are history. They'll only go back up if y'all stop driving.

I refuse to drive for the regular rate, except once every week or two to keep the account active. I have gone back to the taxi, for the most part. The Nationals will be back in town next week, so that will mean even less driving--either taxi or UberX.

Uber Taxi has not been too bad, lately, though; better than I had thought that it would be.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts