Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have to post the Uber/Lyft stickers in our window?

What's the laws across Philly, the rest of PA, NJ, DE?

Anyone get in trouble for not displaying the trade dress?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I plan to start driving for uber in this region (Philadelphia, suburbs) this weekend. The information regarding whether or not you need to display the trade dress is not easily found, I ended up emailing support and this is what they said

"As part of the agreement with the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission and Uber, partners are required to have trade-dress displayed on their vehicles when making pickups in Pennsylvania outside of Philly city limits (e.g. Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties). This means partners using Uber need to have an Uber "U" sign displayed on the inside of their passenger side windshield while 'Online' and during trips. If you have not ordered your Uber "U" sign, you can order one at no cost from"

Hope that helps
(I removed the link to order the sign as the board deemed it "sneaky" and asked me to remove it but I can pm it to you if you need it)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I dont use them....Uber does enough marketing on their end....raise the rates then ill think about advertising for them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I plan to start driving for uber in this region (Philadelphia, suburbs) this weekend. The information regarding whether or not you need to display the trade dress is not easily found, I ended up emailing support and this is what they said

"As part of the agreement with the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission and Uber, partners are required to have trade-dress displayed on their vehicles when making pickups in Pennsylvania outside of Philly city limits (e.g. Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties). This means partners using Uber need to have an Uber "U" sign displayed on the inside of their passenger side windshield while 'Online' and during trips. If you have not ordered your Uber "U" sign, you can order one at no cost from"

Hope that helps
(I removed the link to order the sign as the board deemed it "sneaky" and asked me to remove it but I can pm it to you if you need it)
Send it to me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Apparently I can't send the link either, I tried spelling it out, uploading a screen shot from the email, breaking the link up and spelling out the dots and slash. Nothing is working and I started getting logged out after each try, I want to help but it looks like I can't. Sorry about that

ETA: where there's a will, there's a way, look at my avatar...

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'm told the only mandatory placard in areas under PUC supervision..... not Philly, is front windshield lower pax side. THere is a fine for that. I have heard report of one occasion where the PUC was in State College to do a yearly inspection of one of the taxi companies. Their officers were seen at the local Mega bus stop approaching Uber drivers. One friend of mine claimed to have seen an Uber driver being ticketed, he didn't have any placards in sight.... who knows.

I have heard many rumors, a few of them involving state police pulling suspected Uber drivers over, but most of it has sounded like wild rumors. I have heard of Uber drivers being ticketed during long commutes after working long shifts in town, simple speeding issues at four in the morning kind of thing.....

99% of drivers out there are going to be able to get away without driving with proper placards. That leaves a small percent from what is a ton of drivers. If you get some sort of Uber related fine, and Uber discovers you weren't displaying the proper trade dress, they could refuse to help yo out where they normally would for example.

In the future, hopefully, in the interest of an even playing field, the state will clamp down on this. I would like to see permanent markings on the cars with PUC numbers. That would make it tougher to commit insurance fraud for example. You rivers will love it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apparently I can't send the link either, I tried spelling it out, uploading a screen shot from the email, breaking the link up and spelling out the dots and slash. Nothing is working and I started getting logged out after each try, I want to help but it looks like I can't. Sorry about that

ETA: where there's a will, there's a way, look at my avatar...
All you have to do is send a message to support through the app, asking for the sticker, and they'll send you one for free.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got an email that it is required in all of Philadelphia to have this placard in your windshield.
Weird timing. I just got the same e-mail too. Is Uber reading these boards? In any event, you can also request through that e-mail link, for those who received it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use the stickers and I have a lit one that I use at night. Pax love it and I'm seen from a far
I sometimes hope the pax don't see me so I can get the fee. Especially downtown when my trips can be a like 3.60 for short trips. I don't see me making it easier for anyone to find me but I never had a problem with someone locating me and I drive exclusively on weekends

1 - 17 of 17 Posts