Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 8:32 in Friday night June 24. I ousted counted 34 cars in the road. Never saw more than 19 before now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw many Uber X's out in Portland. When I selected XL every one of them suddenly turned into XL. This has been happening for about a week since the last app update. Has anyone else noticed this? I can't be bothered with this Uber BS and have been staying home.

In the past I've been called from a distance to areas already saturated with cars. On one occasion the pax told me that they all disappeared when they made their request. I think Uber is placing phantom cars to make pax think there are more cars available than there really are. I'm one real car that would be on the road if Uber would knock off the crap. If I see too many cars on the app I stay home; I can't be bothered dealing with the head games.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't check XL but I can say that I was somehow set up as an XL driver just after I moved here. I didn't sign up for it or anything. I didn't realize it until I got my first complaint from a customer who said I was not in the correct vehicle. After some checking I was able to gather that I was showing up as XL. I contacted support and was told that has I was signed up as XL and that I had requested otherwise I would not be signed up as one... I had wondered why my rating was dropping from 4.93 when I left Burlington after nearly a year to the 4.74 it is now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My rating has been between 4.73 & 4.75 since l started; no big deal. I make one attempt to fix things with support, anymore just seems to make things go from bad to worse. I believe most support responses are automated key word replies with no human interaction, either that or Uber has some real idiots working support.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really worried about my rating just saying the for nearly a year mine was over 4.9 and in a month or so in maine it dropped to under 4.75 . perhaps people in Burlington are less jaded.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Typical Uber fail. I assume there are only a few cars locally that have signed up for XL (gas mileage must be prohibitive in a 7 pax car) but uber does not want to lose the business so they "mistakenly" have everyone qualify.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has happened before... Perhaps it's simply a glitch but that becomes less likely when it continues to happen

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kind of cars do you have? You will automatically get XL pings if your car qualifies. I noticed my car showing up as XL a number of months ago. After several back and forths with the ESL overseas support I was finally told that we in fact have lower standards here and my 5 passenger Mazda5 did qualify. Which also explains why I've seen Honda Fits here, pretty sure they're only 3 passenger.

Assuming your car is actually a little bigger and not a glitch, you can get an XL only profile but can't not receive XL pings. I never use mine. I barely drive much these days, but I've only ever had 3 pings I noticed were XL and the 2 I took were both 2 guys and no stuff. Maybe they just didn't want to squeeze into our smaller X's LOL.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a dodge journey that can fit 4 passengers. I was told by uber support that it is something that you have to sign up for even though I can assure you I never signed up. I think it's just a matter of smoke and mirrors on Uber's part...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts