Uber Drivers Forum banner

What's the deal?

4K views 79 replies 18 participants last post by  babasanfur 
#1 ·
Hello gents and ladies.

last night the police had litle thing going on for PH drivers - i got pulled over in the process, but unfort my id was not over my neck, but had it
right next to me thou.....i usually have it over my neck not quite sure what happend last night

The tfl dude actioned his routine checks and all came clear, however told me that i'll be reported to tfl for not wearing my id over my neck

What is the deal with this gents?

Any advise on this will be appreciated....

#stay blessed

#9 ·
An excellent effort Xvandriver. That wasnt a London taxi, but a vehicle used by a rich member of the public. Ergo it didnt have a Hackney Carriage plate on the back and was rightly deemed suspicious. Now, if you can find a link to a real London taxi that was used as a car bomb, in the same way that a minicab was used outside Tiger Tiger, and another one was used to catch people evacuating the area at Pall Mall, then Ill be impressed. Or possibly an article on a real London taxi driver who drove up north to kill someone who offended his religion. As I said, good effort but no cigar. Please feel free to drive down to your nearest farm, in order to buy a bag of straw to clutch at.

#10 ·
As long as a vehicle has the appropriate insurance, valid m.o.t, road tax, vehicle is road worthy then the police have no reason to stop you unless your name has come back as wanted.

Now anyone can go buy a cheap phv or an old taxi and use it for what ever means they want but if they don't have appropiate points mentions aboved then yes they should be stopped by the police/TFL.

Should not be stopped just because of your skin colour or what religion you are as that is called discrimination.

#46 ·
As long as a vehicle has the appropriate insurance, valid m.o.t, road tax, vehicle is road worthy then the police have no reason to stop you unless your name has come back as wanted.

Now anyone can go buy a cheap phv or an old taxi and use it for what ever means they want but if they don't have appropiate points mentions aboved then yes they should be stopped by the police/TFL.

Should not be stopped just because of your skin colour or what religion you are as that is called discrimination.
Here we go that old chestnut.

#11 ·
Xvandriver. People should be stopped if their profile fits the type of people likely to do innocent members of the public harm. And whether you like it or not, BC drivers are in the minority as far as serious crime is concerned. There have been more serious criminal doctors/police/politicians etc than taxi drivers. Not all minicab drivers are criminals but the police work on percentages. Politically correct no. A fact of life yes. The crime figures for both trades support this. Crime involving minicabs outweighs crime involving black cabs many times over. This is why minicabs are more likely to be stopped.

#20 ·
Ph regulation crime
Not the sorta crime ur thinking off
They don't even search the cars
So what would you do to a mini cab driver that has a valid private hire and reward insurance, PCO licenced, m.o.t, road tax, driving licence, booked passenger, seat belt on, no phone in his hand, but has a beard like Jesus Christ?
I'd wish him a good evening and send him on his way. Id be in no doubt that there would be one along shortly who hasnt got any of these things in place.

#17 ·
If I was a cop there would be a lot less dangerous minicab drivers on the road. And a hell of a lot less illegal touting. My central heating played up last year, I called a highly qualified gas engineer in to fix it. I didnt call an unqualified numpty because he was cheaper, and it wouldnt matter how much he protested that he was as good as a qualified man, Im clever enough to know the difference.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#26 ·
Ive no idea how many PHVs have been done for going through red lights and one ways. But Im happy to bet my life that it will be many times more than black cabs. Ok heres a proper fact, freedom of information data obtained by a national newspaper.
(unfortunately the board will not allow me to post links yet, so I suggest that you google "freedom of information act and uber and sexual attacks" and look at the first result).
Now, this is the reason more phv's get stopped than black taxis. Which is totally relevant to the original thread.

#28 ·
Ive no idea how many PHVs have been done for going through red lights and one ways. But Im happy to bet my life that it will be many times more than black cabs. Ok heres a proper fact, freedom of information data obtained by a national newspaper.
(unfortunately the board will not allow me to post links yet, so I suggest that you google "freedom of information act and uber and sexual attacks" and look at the first result).
Now, this is the reason more phv's get stopped than black taxis. Which is totally relevant to the original thread.
Yeah, ok.

Thanks for your input.

Out of 100k PH drivers there are a few hundred wrong uns.

So why do you like to tar the innocent with the same brush ??

Or do you just judge in Colour? Religion? Or Country of Origin?

#39 ·
No. You do what your slave master tells you to do. You pick up where you are told to. You go where you are told to. You do it when you are told to. You obey the rules that you are told to. And you then give 20% of your money to your boss. And no amount of lol or lool after every post you make will change that. This is done so that you have time before the pick up to work out the route on you're satnav. You couldn't do a taxi drivers job but a taxi driver can do yours. Lool and lol.

#49 ·
I trained in the CIA....I'm a black belt in driving...I was in the navy seals for 18 years...then I came over here to train the guys in the met.....now I'm an advance Uber driver. ;)
Mucho respect Agent Taz, you sure done well for a Mexicano.

How'd ya get this top accolade of "advance Uber Driver" just WOW and hotdiggitydog

Y'all have a great day now:)

#55 ·
I'm still trying to understand this policy over on your side of the pond which requires one to wear an identification tag around their neck like a dog collar. Doesn't that sound a bit ridiculous to anyone else?
I think it's more to do with exposing the illegal touts, but i could be mistaken.
But TFL certainly go out of their way to make a meal of it with legitimate licenced PH drivers.
It seems they are very much pro Taxi!

#66 ·
I think it's more to do with exposing the illegal touts, but i could be mistaken.
But TFL certainly go out of their way to make a meal of it with legitimate licenced PH drivers.
It seems they are very much pro Taxi!
You just don't get it 99% of you mob are not PH drivers before this corrupt outfit came along 99% of you had never worked as a PHV/Minicab driver

#67 ·
This corrupt outfit been there for 3 complete years now it's a full fact now try to forget the past and love with it
Don't be like those old grannies who start their sentence with (back in the days)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.