Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo I tried morning rush. Why do so many drivers swear by rush? Sure it is endless Surge, but the rides (and riders) are short, and never a dull moment, but it takes so much longer getting from Point A to Point B--less trips per hour. Yep I made a bunch of $2 rides. Yep I met my quest ($70 for 30 trips). Nope it wasn't any more profitable than my previous overnight.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Mornings are great for part timers especially in the suburbs were traffic can be pretty light. You can do extremely good from 5-10 am. Even eats can be worthwhile because its usually just code and donuts going to businesses with no wait and a likelihood of a tip.

As someone else mentioned the best part is no drunks and half the riders aren't awake enough3to cause problems.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Less money though... you guys could have it
It might be because I'm in the suburbs with better traffic but I disagree. That $2 per ride bonus is great when you knock down multiple short metra drop offs for every train. On a $5 ride that's like a 1.4x surge.

Personally, as someone with morning insomnia, I love being able to go out and make $20-$30 an hour before I go to my other job, but I admit driving at 5am is not for everybody.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Soooo I tried morning rush. Why do so many drivers swear by rush? Sure it is endless Surge, but the rides (and riders) are short, and never a dull moment, but it takes so much longer getting from Point A to Point B--less trips per hour. Yep I made a bunch of $2 rides. Yep I met my quest ($70 for 30 trips). Nope it wasn't any more profitable than my previous overnight.
I usually do the afternoon rush and it is very profitable.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Less money though... you guys could have it
Winter time wasn't bad at all. Most of the times 6.30am to 10am you were at $100.
Take a noon break and doing the pm rush hour also makes it worth to stay out of all trouble nights have.
But during summertime yeah doing the night shift you earn more.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Night/overnight is better

More profitable

No traffic at all

Morning rush was cool when i tried it but i hate traffic ANY traffic

I can make what i made from morning rush in less time because roads are open
That's very true. I was doing that long time, more money less stress. And always keeping a DF to use around 4am on the way to ORD when in the middle of a surging area. I usually got around $30 trips to ORD, not bad when last trip to home.
But on the other hand if have no problem getting up early, you still make money
- taking advantage of morning rush hour and pm also.
- stay out of troubles dealing with morons.
Drunks, screaming, touching your radio, loud music, puke etc
- And best part, you sleep normal hours.

For now still works and profitable. If demand goes down, no other choice but going back to night shift during summer.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
$2 rides? I get non-stop $15 rides on a normal day.

Part of the charm is no drunks, nobody's going to shank you. Traffic's not nearly as stupid at 8am as it is at 4pm.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the $2 extra per trip during rush hour, both morning and night .

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Afternoon rush is really only good on Thursdays and Fridays. But mostly short trips if coming from the loop and surrounding areas

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
quit whining already

1 - 20 of 20 Posts