Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guns'N'Roses is letting out of FedEx. GF and I were there. Age has not been kind to Axl Rose. His voice is not what it used to be, either, although he still can play the piano.
will there be a lot of drunks yhou think? guns n roses is not a taylor swift concert

·
Registered
230 Posts
It was amazing. I live close to there and stayed in bed until the surge was too tempting. I caught a 4.9 to Clarendon and a 4.5 to Gaithersburg...$200 for 2 hours.

·
25,034 Posts
Guns'N'Roses GF and I were there. Age has not been kind to Axl Rose. His voice is not what it used to be, either, although he still can play the piano.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Did you go?
I did not take the UberX car, as it is having some problems with a tyre's holding air. The Ford keeps telling me that there is no leak. Funny, when the Low Pressure icon lights up and I put the pump with the tyre gauge to it, the pressure reads low. I did not take the cab, either, as I am licenced to hack only in D.C., not Prince George's County. Only PG licenced taxis can pick up there. Instead, I took the hoopty car.

I caught a 4.9 to Clarendon and a 4.5 to Gaithersburg...$200 for 2 hours.
I do not know what they paid for an Uber ride there, but let us guess that it was twenty-five dollars, or so. Each one paid one-hundred bananas to get back. Thus, the total Uber bill for the show was somewhere around one-hundred twenty five dollars. Admittedly, paying fifty bucks to park is one
EL HUGE-O GRAND RIP-OFF, but it is still less than one-hundred twenty five potatoes. From my home, I was guessing about fifteen to twenty for UberX or Lyft, thirty-five to forty for a taxi. I assumed s surge/Prime Time for the TNCs coupled with its being difficult to get either a taxi or a TNC. Cost and availability made getting ripped off by Snyder the better proposition.

·
Registered
230 Posts
damn nice did u go to Clarendon turn off app and head back in time for the Gaithersburg?
That's exactly what I did. I had planned to take one more after leaving Gaithersburg, but I noticed that all the late birds showed up for the worm--essentially dissipating the surge. Into the house I went...

·
Registered
230 Posts

I did not take the UberX car, as it is having some problems with a tyre's holding air. The Ford keeps telling me that there is no leak. Funny, when the Low Pressure icon lights up and I put the pump with the tyre gauge to it, the pressure reads low. I did not take the cab, either, as I am licenced to hack only in D.C., not Prince George's County. Only PG licenced taxis can pick up there. Instead, I took the hoopty car.

I do not know what they paid for an Uber ride there, but let us guess that it was twenty-five dollars, or so. Each one paid one-hundred bananas to get back. Thus, the total Uber bill for the show was somewhere around one-hundred twenty five dollars. Admittedly, paying fifty bucks to park is one
EL HUGE-O GRAND RIP-OFF, but it is still less than one-hundred twenty five potatoes. From my home, I was guessing about fifteen to twenty for UberX or Lyft, thirty-five to forty for a taxi. I assumed s surge/Prime Time for the TNCs coupled with its being difficult to get either a taxi or a TNC. Cost and availability made getting ripped off by Snyder the better proposition.
I think that it was more about not catching a DWI...as everyone was completely wasted afterwards, and it was Troopers EVERYWHERE on 495 and 270.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

I meant did you attend the concert?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Got a 4.9 there last night to 14th st. $72.

Also got a 2.5 & 2.7 there.

It was a circus. Thousands of ppl needed rides. Last trip from there those paxs waited around for 90+ minutes trying to get a ride.

All of my trips went to DC so I didn't make as much as everybody else.

And the surge is capped in this area at 4.9 so it definitely would've went higher than that.

·
25,034 Posts
Guns'N'Roses is. GF and I were there. Age has not been kind to Axl Rose. His voice is not what it used to be, either, although he still can play the piano.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The answer to the question would be "yes".\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

I meant did you attend the concert?

Reactions: wk1102
1 - 19 of 19 Posts