Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that different times and different days mean different answers but what do you consider busy for Pinellas? How many rides per hour?

Mon-Thursday after 4pm

Sat and Sunday Daytime?

Thur-Sat Nights?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont drive pinellas that much-now that uber is legal tampa bay wide-there will be a lot more drivers out there-thats ok the people will want rides-and the market will correct supply and demand-always does-especially for people trying to do this full time-more taxi drivers will drop out for lack of income-
And the ptc may come back with another round after their done licking their wounds-
The ptc should lessen the taxi cartel rules versus try to drive uber out-
So we all can play together-they wont

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the answer, I am sorry but apparently I asked the wrong question. As the answer provided has nothing to do with what I asked. Perhaps your rant would be more appropriate for a different question or possibly start a new thread regarding your concern.

In the mean time does anyone have an answer to my original question? I would appreciate it.

And I do fully expect some smart ass-know it all dribble to be written by 724999 or others because they can't help it. I understand.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know that different times and different days mean different answers but what do you consider busy for Pinellas? How many rides per hour?

Mon-Thursday after 4pm

Sat and Sunday Daytime?

Thur-Sat Nights?
Rides per hour is hard to judge, ideally it wouldn't be very many rides per hour but they would be longer rides and you would be driving for more of the minutes in the hour.

I consider it busy when I am done with a ride and have another one in 5-10 mins.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Agree...success or busy can only be measured in dollars. I can get 30 rides in 8 hours but if they are all minimum rides that would be failure. On the other hand I could get 10 longer rides in the same time frame and have a very successful or busy day.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
In other words I don't think your gonna get the answer you want. Until Uber makes it public of where people are needing rides it's one of those go with the flow type things 24-7 365. I typically work the bulk of my hours during the day cause that's what my schedule allows me to do. About 2 hours into my day and already with 3 fares at 30 bucks. Not bad by my standards but I'm sitting in Tampa now and need to be at my night job in Port Richey by 5. I had a 2.5 hour span a couple weeks ago where I had 6 fares in that time span, only prob was it was a whole bunch of short fares. Always remember this, just cause you work start in pinellas or Tampa area doesn't mean you'll stay in that area.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

Mon-Thursday after 4pm

Sat and Sunday Daytime?

Thur-Sat Nights?
You will gross anything around $10.00 an hour but if you are lucky it can go up to $15.00 an hour gross. After uber takes their cut, you keep approximately 74% of that gross income. And you would need to be moving to busy areas when you dead end so that you reduce the wait between trips. Depending on the type of vehicle and how much you have to spend overall to generate that gross income, your net take home will vary.

It is not rocket science, so not make it one. My personal rule of thumb is this: 50% of my gross income is my net profit.

I hope this helps you... If not, ask a fisherman how much fish you would be catching. Take his answer and apply it to uber fares. There are so many similarities, unknowns and variables...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh it does, but when you have 20 to 30 drivers in a 5 mile radius the map won't light up that much.
I think what he means is the weekly emails that come out about where there was a lot of demand, not the one in the app that shows current hot spots.

Yes, they send out those emails, there are sometimes little surprises but for the most part it's not new information if you've been doing it for a little bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts