Uber Drivers Forum banner

What're the options for PR & foreigner after June 30?

26K views 305 replies 46 participants last post by  Lady like to drive 
#1 ·
Hey there currently i am working with singapore airlines as a flight steward carrying employement pass. is it possible for me to apply pr and quit my flying career and start driving uber fulltime? Please reply

#6 · (Edited)
Driving uber not like u working for a company. You on your own, means either u need to be a PR or citizen.

Getting a PR is quite difficult recently and the waiting time is more than 1 year, by the time LTA regulates and things may change.

Please think twice before joining an unstable income job.

If you think flying is tiring, driving is even more tiring.

#21 ·
I said it so many times, I move straight away. Just move and go to a surge area. Don't piss, don't smoke, don't eat. Don't join forum.

Weekday nights - you already know how I do it.

Saturday afternoon - just keep heading back to Bukit Timah Road / Sixth Avenue / Holland. Avoid Orchard at all costs unless rider takes you in. I now have my highest cancellation of 12%, and lowest acceptance of 96%. Anyway, Orchard is ping city.

Sunday night is airport night. Tampines surge 2.8 at midnight.

This post has been deleted
#27 ·
Also, a lot of drivers don't use my strategy because they say waste fuel.

I average 200 - 250 km for 4.5 hours. At least 75 km is running an empty car. Sometimes on lonely Woodlands return trips, up to 100 km empty per 4.5 hrs. That used to be $15 - $20 fuel on BrownSmoothie.

But at the end, when you get a sure ride, you make a profit. I always prefer a sure thing. Remember, I pay for sex.

#32 ·
Airport. Airport. Airport. The queuing system is created for you. You will get a ride no matter what. At least not a waste of your time. (maybe fuel, but should be less than $3)

At least, stay on the highway until you reach a surge area. No point turning off for any other area, unless turning off Eng Neo from Jurong on PIE.

Or, if there is boost or surge above 1.6, go CBD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.