Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So hypothetically if a passenger called you 1 hour and 3 rides later saying they lost $100 cash in your car and you found it after the above, would you return it?

Their destination to drop said hypothetical $100 would be a minimum fare of $18.95. Which is 16+ miles away and 26+ minutes away.

Do you return it and hope they compensate you fairly or do you say there's no money in your car?

Hypothetically this pax also tipped you $5 on the original $4 fare.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
So hypothetically if a passenger called you 1 hour and 3 rides later saying they lost $100 cash in your car and you found it after the above, would you return it?

The pax is a base fare of $18.95. Which is 16+ miles away and 26+ minutes away.

Do you return it and hope they compensate you fairly or do you say there's no money in your car?

I don't understand the base fare thing if the fare was $4--but if they tipped I would return it. But I'd offer to do it by PayPal or similar means.

If they didn't tip then some other pax must have found it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand the base fare thing if the fare was $4--but if they tipped I would return it. But I'd offer to do it by PayPal or similar means.

If they didn't tip then some other pax must have found it.
Their destination would be an $18 plus ride

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

The pax is a base fare of $18.95. Which is 16+ miles away and 26+ minutes away.

I've had 3 experiences with cell phones being left behind and having to return them.

Once I was stiffed royally with a BIG Thank you.
Another time I as rewarded with $ 14.00 after driving more than 20 miles to return the damn thing... the girl was apparently broke since she said that's all she had.
And another time I was surprisingly rewarded with a $ 50.00 after driving only a few miles.

None of them had tipped originally ... and the surprising thing was the $ 50.00 reward came from a min fare rider.

I was inspired by another thread where the driver KekeLo had the Pax request her at the location she was and drove the item back to him ... that way she didn't have to eat those miles ...

I think that's the best way to go when we're talking about quite a bit of miles.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hypothetically speaking, if one were to stop looking for things, then one would stop finding random stuff. Unless you're Thomas Magnum PI? Stop finding shyte bra, these ain't helpless lost teenage runaways.
Oh I haven't found anything, any items left in my car be it cash or electronics are immediately dropped at the local sheriffs station when found.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Oh I haven't found anything, any items left in my car be it cash or electronics are immediately dropped at the local sheriffs station when found.
Huh? Hypothetically, if one didn't find anything, then why would anything need to be dropped at a Sheriff's station? This is all really very simple. If a driver finds a lost rider item then one follows Guber policy. If nothing is found, then no further action is required. ;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd return it, no sense in being a shady SOB. No way would I drive 1/2 hour out of my way to do so, though. Throw it in the mail for $.47.
Give them the address where you're at and tell them it will cost them a round trip fare. If they offer a cash reward when you give them the lost item, be the good guy again and only charge them for the one way fare. Win win.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
I tell them that I will call them back. I go to the police station. I turn in the cash. The police give me a receipt. I call the user and tell him to go to the police and get it back.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
They'll need to provide the serial numbers from the bills. Wouldn't want to return them to the wrong person... you'd feel horrible and wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.
So in other words, you're just going to pocket the cash cause who memorizes the numbers on bills?

·
Administrator
6,647 Posts
In an ideal world I give them three options a) Come and collect it at their expense, b) Send me a return paid envolope c) Pay me to drive it to them.

Realistically, based on things I've heard, I think in most cases I'd hand it in at the nearest uber office or police station get a receipt and notify them.

·
Premium Member
65,753 Posts

Their destination to drop said hypothetical $100 would be a minimum fare of $18.95. Which is 16+ miles away and 26+ minutes away.

Return it

1 - 20 of 144 Posts