Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
this is the route Uber or just me to take...WTF is that???
Theories:

1. Uber wants us to make right turns. UPS did research on this and found they can save time on delivery routes by making right turns. The idea is that you can turn right on red.
2. Uber tells PAX the destination is X miles away, so they can rationalize the increased cost of the ride. Have to make PAX feel like they are getting their monies worth.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
You can pick any navigation app you have on you phone for your navigation. Just open your Uber app hit ACCOUNT > SETTINGS> Navigation Provider

I use Google maps. And the route that shows up when I hit start trip I don't pay any attention to.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
If you take a much longer route, and the calculated fare based on standard miles/time happens to exceed the pax's upfront price, the pax will be charged the higher amount. And THAT will make you a crooked, longhauling, thief.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
If you take a much longer route, and the calculated fare based on standard miles/time happens to exceed the pax's upfront price, the pax will be charged the higher amount. And THAT will make you a crooked, longhauling, thief.
Especially if you use a route even longer then the crooked long hauling theif Uber advises.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah you're right, Thats why on long rides I ask the pax how much their upfront fee is. I know what the cost is from most locations just like I knew how much taxi rides were. Gives me a chance to let them know about what's happening and to sell lyft and to let them know why I don't like in app tipping too. Also that we make much less then they think sob sob so I really depend on tips for my living. There is always an angle and it doesn't have to hurt the customers

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look, I appreciate receiving tips as just much as the next guy but some of the drivers on this forum are ridiculous! RI-G**-DAMN-DICULOUS!!! How do you feel comfortable asking the passenger for a tip in any way shape or form be it verbally all the way down to having a tip jar sitting out? You guys act like the passenger owes you a tip from the moment they step foot in your vehicle. But the fact of the matter is that passenger doesn't owe you squat! You have to EARN that sh*t!!! Passenger doesn't want to hear your "sob" stories( which by the way I hit my goal every time I go out driving... If you're not you're doing it wrong! There's money to be made in this town you just have to work for it)... They are paying for a service. Get them from point A to point B safely. How well you perform that service... ie. Providing a comfortable/safe/friendly atmosphere in your vehicle is where you earn tips! If you go above and beyond so will the passenger. You get what you give!!! Let me ask you guys a question. How many drivers out there provide extras for their passengers. Like Water, gum, phone charger, auxiliary cord??? I mean this sh*t practically pays for itself the first day! I don't need/want pity tips!!!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Look, I appreciate receiving tips as just much as the next guy but some of the drivers on this forum are ridiculous! RI-G**-DAMN-DICULOUS!!! How do you feel comfortable asking the passenger for a tip in any way shape or form be it verbally all the way down to having a tip jar sitting out? You guys act like the passenger owes you a tip from the moment they step foot in your vehicle. But the fact of the matter is that passenger doesn't owe you squat! You have to EARN that sh*t!!! Passenger doesn't want to hear your "sob" stories( which by the way I hit my goal every time I go out driving... If you're not you're doing it wrong! There's money to be made in this town you just have to work for it)... They are paying for a service. Get them from point A to point B safely. How well you perform that service... ie. Providing a comfortable/safe/friendly atmosphere in your vehicle is where you earn tips! If you go above and beyond so will the passenger. You get what you give!!! Let me ask you guys a question. How many drivers out there provide extras for their passengers. Like Water, gum, phone charger, auxiliary cord??? I mean this sh*t practically pays for itself the first day! I don't need/want pity tips!!!
You have been driving what...a month now? If you last a year...tell us how you feel then.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You have been driving what...a month now? If you last a year...tell us how you feel then.
I've been driving for a little less than a year and I still don't feel like a pax has to tip me. Sure I want a tip and I am super gracious and thankful to the pax when I get one but I don't expect it or get mad at pax that don't. I won't ask for a tip or put a tip jar out. I don't have a problem with anyone that does that, I just don't do that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only just discovered this forum a month ago but I've been driving for 7 months and have almost 1300 rides under my belt darlin'... not that that's huge... I'm sure that there are many drivers here that have way more than that and I'm sure I still have a thing or two to learn but I think that's enough clout to earn me an opinion or two. I make anywhere from $30 to $50 cash tips nightly plus whatever piddly in-app tips I receive. Besides all that how long I've been driving has no bering on my opinion. From a moral standpoint tips should be earned period, not begged for or guilted out of a customer!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I only just discovered this forum a month ago but I've been driving for 7 months and have almost 1300 rides under my belt darlin'... not that that's huge... I'm sure that there are many drivers here that have way more than that and I'm sure I still have a thing or two to learn but I think that's enough clout to earn me an opinion or two. I make anywhere from $30 to $50 cash tips nightly plus whatever piddly in-app tips I receive. Besides all that how long I've been driving has no bering on my opinion. From a moral standpoint tips should be earned period, not begged for or guilted out of a customer!!!
Sorry, so your not totally green.
You just have that new driver high horse smell.

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts
I know that... But it just seems like more and more lately Uber GPS is giving me a longer route for seemingly no reason... that doesn't seem like a mistake to be that seems like an intentional Long Haul but my question is why.?
Uber doesnt get rated.
YOU DO !
Why should Uber care ?

Why should Uber bother to get it right . . .

·
Registered
948 Posts
Blah Blah Blah from a guy who can't spell ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.