Uber Drivers Forum banner

Why is it it so difficult to keep a car running smoothly?

• Deciding

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
I'm wondering why it is difficult to keep a car running smoothly which is your intention?
What kind of car are we discussing here? Make/Model/Year/Mileage?

I love my Toyota Prius! I get regular oil changes....keep up with manufacturer's maintenance schedule and since Jan of this year....I only use 'Top Tier' gasoline.

So I don't know which of those is doing the trick....but my Prius is a 2009 and still running great! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the problem is the accidents from living in such a big city. Those accidents that you are unable to completely inform your insurance company about. Especially when you spend quite a bit of time driving.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
No, the problem is the accidents from living in such a big city. Those accidents that you are unable to completely inform your insurance company about. Especially when you spend quite a bit of time driving.
Why are you avoiding your insurance company?

Rhetorical question: should have gotten ride share insurance if you're going to ride share.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, where I live in the US, your regular auto policy does not support Ride Sharing unless you pay for a commercial policy. I thought that was something we all know. Accidents does not sit well. That is something that should not happen! You are kind.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Not trying to be a smartass, but I DID see an UberEats guy on a bicycle in downtown Miami the other day. He was getting through traffic a LOT easier than I was!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Completely understood. In no way do I think you are being critical, but there is a limit on Ubereats. You might manage 4.50 a destination. Keep in mind it is growing. If there was only a category to only accept these requests. It might have the Requestor to prioritize and not hesitate on the concept. They may still not recognize that concept because of prior marketing.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
OK, where I live in the US, your regular auto policy does not support Ride Sharing unless you pay for a commercial policy. I thought that was something we all know. Accidents does not sit well. That is something that should not happen! You are kind.
So you did know what ride share insurance was, you negated to get proper coverage and got into an accident?

Easy way to keep smooth? Pay for the proper insurance. Had you done that, youd be on the road tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Understood. Commercial inurance cost over a 1000 dollars a month. You would have to supplement in order to assist someone with driving for Ride Share. That is not an option for many Drivers.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Understood. Commercial inurance cost over a 1000 dollars a month. You would have to supplement in order to assist someone with driving for Ride Share. That is not an option for many Drivers.
Someones trying to rip you off or you have terrible insurance history. I have rideshare insurance and it costs no where near 1000 a month. Im with Geico.

Have you actually gotten a quote from an insurance company or are you just regurgitating snippets youve read on UP, with a dash of pessimism sprinked in for good measure?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts