Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm referring to the Uber driver woman found dead in her car in West Covina. It's by my mom's house and my mom called me worried this am.

Are we allowed to have cameras in the car?
Are we allowed to carry tazers?

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I'm referring to the Uber driver woman found dead in her car in West Covina. It's by my mom's house and my mom called me worried this am.

Are we allowed to have cameras in the car?
Are we allowed to carry tazers?
Do whatever you need to do to feel safe. Even though uber says you can't carry a gun. It's your life and you have the right to protect yourself.

Just make sure whatever you use you're not afraid to use it. If you're going to pull It out, pull the trigger. There is no half way. You're in close quarters. You don't have time to issue a warning.

The best way to end an attack is to kill the perpetrator. Leting them live will make you susceptible to possible criminal and civil matters and could cost you a fortune in legal fees. There's a reason they say shoot to kill

Dead men tell no tales - pirates of the Caribbean

http://ktla.com/2015/08/25/police-i...-of-womans-body-in-vehicle-with-uber-sticker/

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Go on Amazon, they sell $15 tasers that double as flashlights, and look like a normal flashlight. Oh, and I tested it on myself. It's effective.
Can I test mine on you too? I want to see if mine works as well.

On the serious side, I have one as well. If they get it from you, at least they can't kill you with it

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Vi
Do whatever you need to do to feel safe. Even though uber says you can't carry a gun. It's your life and you have the right to protect yourself.

Just make sure whatever you use you're not afraid to use it. If you're going to pull It out, pull the trigger. There is no half way. You're in close quarters. You don't have time to issue a warning.

The best way to end an attack is to kill the perpetrator. Leting them live will make you susceptible to possible criminal and civil matters and could cost you a fortune in legal fees. There's a reason they say shoot to kill

Dead men tell no tales - pirates of the Caribbean

http://ktla.com/2015/08/25/police-i...-of-womans-body-in-vehicle-with-uber-sticker/
ViperTek or Guard Dog ? Checking Amazon now.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
A tazer wont do shit realistically...check out this bad boy, smith and wesson governor. Small revolver that holds 6 410 shotgun shells, also .45 colt, .45 ACP bullets. Perfect for uber
Perfect for being handcuffed. I am a firearms collector and agree this may be the best protection. Only if you really know how to use it and have a legit CCW foe LA County.

At least a stun gun will give me time to run from my car. Keys in my pocket and push button start, they won't get far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah lol. That particular model isnt CA compliant. OC is a shall issue county now. Anyone can get a CC permit, unless your a felon. LA county is appealing. But hopefully soon here. I just keep a pair of sharp scissors under the seat. Use it for cutting the cotton on vapor device.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Geat idea. I will order one.and some pepper spray. I can try it on my ex......oh
Pepper spray in a small area hits everyone. It will do more harm than good as everyone in the cabin of the car will feel the affect

I don't recommend pepper spray.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A tazer wont do shit realistically...check out this bad boy, smith and wesson governor. Small revolver that holds 6 410 shotgun shells, also .45 colt, .45 ACP bullets. Perfect for uber
That is a badass pistol... or shotgun... or whatever. I have a feeling i would ended up knocking myself by accidentally pistol whipping myself from the recoil after the first shot.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yeah lol. That particular model isnt CA compliant. OC is a shall issue county now. Anyone can get a CC permit, unless your a felon. LA county is appealing. But hopefully soon here. I just keep a pair of sharp scissors under the seat. Use it for cutting the cotton on vapor device.
Not just anyone can get a CCW. You need to have justifiable cause in LA county.

I had mine in another state, that was easy to get. No reason required.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm gonna put my switchblade back in my bra. Did that the first night I drove. Yeah, illegal in the state, but would rather protect myself. I used to have a taser and wouldn't mind a new one. There is also something called react mobile. You can use it on your phone to alert friends that you are in trouble or contact police and they have a device you can keep on you as a panick button. I downloaded the app but figure who has time to get to their phone so am going to get the button and keep it handy. If we find out that the Uber driver in West Covina was murdered while working, I will likely quit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What if the passenger was carrying a gun? If they sit in the back, they usually do, they already have an advantage over you. Guns, taser or whatever won't help u then. I just need to survive uber for 2 more months and then I'm gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts