Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the scenario is:
11pm Sunday night, need one more trip for my quest.
Get an uber eats ping for $13 bucks at taco bell that's 11 miles away. The trip gets me 2 miles from home so I gladly take it.
Arrive at taco bell, get to order speaker and they have no record of that uber eats order. I have 17 minutes and 11 miles into this now.

What do you do to get paid?

·
5,880 Posts
So, the scenario is:
Get an uber eats ping for $13 bucks at taco bell that's 11 miles away. The trip gets me 2 miles from home so I gladly take it.
Arrive at taco bell, get to order speaker and they have no record of that uber eats order. I have 17 minutes and 11 miles into this now.

They have the capability to look the order up, they are just too lazy to do so. I would point out to them that they can go on the tablet and recall the order.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
They have the capability to look the order up, they are just too lazy to do so. I would point out to them that they can go on the tablet and recall the order.
The bolded is false in your post. Taco Bell specifically cannot look up the order if there
Ordering que system is down (They use their own computer generated system), they don’t use the tablet version like some establishments do. Therefore, the Uber driver would specifically have to give them the itemized order details , if they’re willing to accept it.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully a good lesson why taking fast food orders is a waste of time.
I refuse most of them but when is a $30 an hour rate and the lobby is open I'll go for it and have done well. If it's late night and the pick up is on my way ill check and see what the wait looks like. Cancel for long wait if I don't want it. Some of these pings are $3 but there are the occasional $15 or 20 ones that I love .

In this case I may have accidentally hit picked up and driven to the drop offa. Haven't seen any fallout from this and I might have gotten paid.

·
5,880 Posts
The bolded is false in your post. Taco Bell specifically cannot look up the order if there
Ordering que system is down (They use their own computer generated system), they don’t use the tablet version like some establishments do. Therefore, the Uber driver would specifically have to give them the itemized order details , if they’re willing to accept it.
My understanding is even if the orders are integrated with their system they have the capability to use a tablet they have to re-look up the order. I know McDonald's and Wendy's both have this available, I see no reason Taco Bell does not.

Unfortunately I don't know any managers or owners of Taco bell so I can't verify this for them like I have for McDonald's and Wendy's.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
So, the scenario is:

apparently when you hit reply by accident there is no way to delete a post anymore. 😄

·
5,880 Posts
apparently when you hit reply by accident there is no way to delete a post anymore. 😄
Don't see a way once you hit Post Reply

One forum I belong to members just edit it to say please delete, and a mod eventually deletes it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts