Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me, partner decision was made to cut rates to eliminate Lyft.
  • Got it. Makes sense. Kill Lyft
  • Why did the rate cuts come out of driver's pockets alone? Could Uber have absorbed any of this?
  • This is a business model dependent upon referrals. Why did Uber take enthusiastic Dallas drivers from a position to promote to where they are now?
  • Is the DFW model build upon immigrants who will drive for $0.85 a mile and $0.15 per minute in traffic?
  • Is this a sustainable earnings model?
  • Would you invest in Uber (now a mature cow)?

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Seems to me, partner decision was made to cut rates to eliminate Lyft.
  • Got it. Makes sense. Kill Lyft
  • Why did the rate cuts come out of driver's pockets alone? Could Uber have absorbed any of this?
  • This is a business model dependent upon referrals. Why did Uber take enthusiastic Dallas drivers from a position to promote to where they are now?
  • Is the DFW model build upon immigrants who will drive for $0.85 a mile and $0.15 per minute in traffic?
  • Is this a sustainable earnings model?
  • Would you invest in Uber (now a mature cow)?
Well it would appear surge is not working again in Bid D after app update. Second week in a row. No I would not invest in Uber. Uber's danger to itself & investors is focusing to much on growth in gross receipts. Uber may be able to expand its markets by charging less but the effect of value of doing so will be negative on its valuation.

·
Registered
329 Posts
All the good Uber drivers will go to Lyft for more money. The lemons will be left driving for Uber.

I hear all the time from my pax: "I'd gladly pay more for this (Uber) for the service I get". Service becomes shittier - trends shift.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dallas driver rates are probably headed down towards $0.55 / mile because people here will still drive. Sad but true. Talk about exploitation. Geez.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Dallas driver rates are probably headed down towards $0.55 / mile because people here will still drive. Sad but true. Talk about exploitation. Geez.
I've seen the shift here in Chicago already. The newest drivers obviously enjoy housing prices 1/2 of what I have to pay or live in a home twice the size of mine with 4 in each bedroom. It'll all come home to roost.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
It's quite sad really. There's a thread on here where a driver was willing to drive 69 miles away for a pickup and not knowing the destination! Do these people not have a sense of profitability? I'm starting to think a lot of these drivers are dumber than the passengers that we complain about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts