Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gave in and excepted a uberX at 2.8 surge. 18mile trip after 3mun pickup. Ride starts. A couple min in I get "rider cancelled ride". I already started trip.

I inform the PAx he cancelled ride, he's dumbfounded not sure what happend. I ask do you want to complete the trip, he says "yes of course, what do I need to do?" I check app and there is a $11 cancel fee. As I'm searching he resents trip and I accept ping at 1.2durge. After trip I email support. I'm prob porked huh?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now should I expect a 1 star? 50 trips 21 5tarrides and a single 2star from my last X rider a month ago pissed she had to walk 30ft from her apartment. Pin was incorrect. My rating is 4.86.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would rather have the money and the 1 star. Same thing happened to me on Super Bowl Sunday. Uber support corrected the fare to $60. My rating dropped from 4.85 to 4.84, but I sleep better knowing that prick that tried to screw me was unable to.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
They try this a lot with me while surging. They tell me they did it by accident and throw me a couple of bucks cash. Every time I get paid the full fare AND a tip.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Wow shocked....just got this "We're adjusting your fare to $49.96. This reflects the full route that should have been completed."
2.8x is basically Select rates. 18 miles will normally net around $40, so that's the right fare.

Now should I expect a 1 star? 50 trips 21 5tarrides and a single 2star from my last X rider a month ago pissed she had to walk 30ft from her apartment. Pin was incorrect. My rating is 4.86.
Who cares if you got a 1 star, you got paid $50 for what was probably 40 minutes? I'll take that any day!

Im surprised Uber paid you for the 2.8x rather than the 1.2x since you did get the cancellation fee. That's good to know that Uber will do that, so it seems as long as you did see the surge when you accepted, if they try to cancel, just finish the trip and the CSR will adjust it based on the original 2.8x. I think you did the right thing having him re-request, just to be certain, however, I doubt the pax paid the 2.8x rate.

Uber CSR is so weak willed against pax, they'll lose money before they force the pax to pay what they actually owe. That's why I doubt you'll get 1 starred because the pax probably made out like a bandit and only paid $16 for that trip.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well for one, they have had the same complaints and inquiries numerous times over and over again. So many times, that all that they have to do now is Copy&Paste answers from previous complaints into your complaint response. So now when you write into Uber Headquarters about your issue the responses are just from some Disc Jockey who is being paid $10 per hour at an office with a names like (Vishnu, Madhvi, or Rohitraj) nobody can pronounce somewhere in Peachtree Rd. They are likely busy playing office games, waiting for your calls and talk shit about you amongst themselves. They are likely rolling their eyes and saying "look another one" ha ha ha ha It is really an evil contrived game.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lol they don't even read the complaints. Lol
It's hit or miss. When I was opting out of pool I just copied and pasted my responseses. I had threee different ones written out so I would just cycle through. After 20+ of those responses I finally got someone who understood what I was trying to say.

Then I got this beauty
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

My advice to the Op, It's best just to keep responding to the thread until you get someone who can help you. When they "resolve" your issue just thumb it down and add another response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts