• Request to stop at store or go to drive-thru

• No tip or being told "I'll tip you in the app"

• Attempt to sneak food/booze into vehicle

• Other: please explain in comments

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
There really is only one thing that really bothers me, and that's when they try and enter my car with cokes, food, etc and they get miffed if I tell them the only thing that is allowed is bottled water.

I'd cancel that one and eject them.

I had two guys and one girl approach my car, smoking, and they put their cigarettes out and before they could get in, I drove off. I'm not even going to deal with people like that. Let them complain as I put in my complaint on them with uber.
Then they leave the trash.behind on the floor and no tip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Entitled or attitude gets me the most. The other stuff I have run into once in a while but the entitlement and attitude gets me.

I had this ride the other night. I picked up passenger (1) and was taking him to his drop off and got another ping. A ride after my current ride. Cool (or so I thought) . So I drop off passenger (1) and not 10 seconds after I drop him off I get a call from passenger (2). I answer while driving toward his pick up. I say hello, before I can even get another world out he is Yelling at me, saying " Its said you were 6 minutes away for a while. . .when are you getting here Mother ****er, I tried to explain I had to drop my original rider off and was heading his way. . .he didn't even let me get that out. He starts yelling again. . "I don't care. .. you need to come pick me up right now. . or I will keep this app on all night long so you cant get another ride till you cancel or pick me up. So are you coming to pick me up or not." I told him. . .with that attitude and belligerence , do you honestly think I am coming to pick you up now, after that. .. I don't think so. And as far as keeping the App open and blocking my rides. . .. .its 1230 am. . .. you call me and you need the ride. .. I have been working all night so I am good for money right now. .. so You ant get a ride either til you cancel . . and as long as I wait you out I will still get a cancelation fee. So we will see who can wait the longest. and hung up on him and left the ride alone and started driving the other direction so he would know I was not picking him up.
So abou5 5 minutes go by and he calls me again. . .i answer the phone and said "yes?" he starts calling me Mother F*er again and cursing me and says how long are we gonna play this game. .. . You want the money and its a $50 ride. . .so are you coming or not ****. … I waited for him to stop yelling and said " Ill tell you what I want. . take your $50.00 shove it up your ass. . .and no not coming to get you .. and Ill wait and get my $5.00 cancelation fee when you cancel." He said well I am not going to cancel . . .. . I waited and then replied. . ."Its 1230 am. . .you don't have a ride and you sound way more desperate than me. . .. we shall see who cancels first. and hung up. .

5 minutes later .. . cancelation. .$5.00 fee. . .. what an self entitled idiot. . like I was going to let that attitude in my car. ..
OMG You are hilarious! I wish I could film you as you drive...not of you with PAX, but you on phone with disgruntles! It's a show (maybe upper channels or YouTube, but it's a show~ about something!"

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
OMG You are hilarious! I wish I could film you as you drive...not of you with PAX, but you on phone with disgruntles! It's a show (maybe upper channels or YouTube, but it's a show~ about something!"
I am sad to say but its a true story. . . . I will be polite til its time to not be polite. But the simple fact he started off calling me a mother ****ER. . . . . . . I will quote the movie Boondock saints 2:

" Well since we have breached the **** barrier, let me tell you something. . .. .. "

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Two weeks in and only 2 pax pissed me off.

1) pax waiting at gas station smoking, beer in hand, drunk at 10:30 in the a.m. No mask. Looked like a homeless person to be honest.I quickly start to drive away and he’s running after me. LOL

2) made a mistake by engaging in taboo topic but nevertheless the pax was out of control. We were talking about COVID and I started telling him how low the actual numbers are. He lost it. “I don’t need to hear this shit. Blah blah blah. Who are you? Just some Uber driver….etc. I told him the ride was over and get out. Left him with a nice 1 star for his troubles.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The last time I transported a pax who literally smelled like he’d been dipped in an ashtray he was on his way to work. smh
🤮 This pisses me off big-time...I always start cursing as I approach a rider that's smoking...gross...I can't stand the smell of cigarettes!☹ I'd prefer the weed, be it medicinal or street over those stinking cigarettes!

·
Registered
92 Posts
  • Not knowing how to add a stop after the ride has begun
  • Foul language (my ears are not a toilet)
  • Calling/texting unnecessarily (relax, I’ll be there)
  • Not saying “thank you” or (sometimes) “hello” (I am a real person with a life before Uber)

·
Premium Member
9,499 Posts
  • Not knowing how to add a stop after the ride has begun
  • Foul language (my ears are not a toilet)
  • Calling/texting unnecessarily (relax, I’ll be there)
  • Not saying “thank you” or (sometimes) “hello” (I am a real person with a life before Uber)
I'd prefer that they had absolutely no idea that a stop was even a thing, much less knew how to add one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd prefer that they had absolutely no idea that a stop was even a thing, much less knew how to add one.
Oh, I agree. Sad thing is the “can we stop at such-and-such? It’s on the way.”
(Let’s add it to your trip.)

Thought of another…
  • Tugging on the seat belt and leaving looking like a string of wet spaghetti

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Slamming the *ing door FOR SURE. I don't give a * about the rest of the animalistic behaviours people have. But slamming the door ... That is really irritating.
I actually had a guy slam my car door so hard that my window shattered. He didn’t even apologize… just walked into his house like he didn’t do it. I took pictures of him, his house with address and the glass all over my back seat and the ground and sent them to UBER and they gave me $200 towards a new window. Now mind you this was when I first started out driving, now I probably would only get $5 if I was lucky.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts