• Request to stop at store or go to drive-thru

• No tip or being told "I'll tip you in the app"

• Attempt to sneak food/booze into vehicle

• Other: please explain in comments

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
6,891 Posts
You get a ride with 3 people in the back going 45+ min away and it's sparkling clean when you look back after they leave.
You get a ride with 1 person going 5min up the road and it looks like a bomb went off, with pet hair all over your seats and dirt/crumbs all over the mat and seat.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
TIME!

lol

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
A lot of these complaints are a result of picking up from bars. Don't do that anymore for most of those reasons PLUS the fact that the surge X has gone away. Not picking up these clowns for an extra $2.50
My other issue is pax not ready DESPITE having requested 10-20 minutes before because of a stacked ping.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Yeah, PAXs do not seem to realize that 99.9% of the time, calling the driver just delays arrival and agitates us. Just let us concentrate on the gps and we'll be there soon!
Exactly. USE THE TEXT FEATURE! However, I do take the calls to amuse myself sometime OR get some info on where they are going.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
A lot of these complaints are a result of picking up from bars. Don't do that anymore for most of those reasons PLUS the fact that the surge X has gone away. Not picking up these clowns for an extra $2.50
My other issue is pax not ready DESPITE having requested 10-20 minutes before because of a stacked ping.
I strongly agree....I dont PU drunks/druggies from the bar/club unless its $4.00 surge and up OR if its consecutive ride/streak (valued at the same)...... and even then if its often just not worth it...I accepted a $4.00 surge to PU from a college party, but had to cancel and bounce as soon as I saw 3 totally wasted students stumbling and bumbling toward my car, they were probably only going .5 mile back to the dorms, there are still too many ways that such a ride can go side ways during that 3 min trek.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Nothing more annoying than pax saying "I am late for work" and "take this street" (backseat driving). First, it has nothing to do with the driver if you are running late. Second, the back seat driving with rudeness added is the worst. Why do the pax think that they know better than Waze, if there are traffic conditions factored in? And, its just obnoxious when you are a back seat driver. Think of it as you go into any coffee shop and then order a coffee. Then you tell the employee behind the counter, "you need to put the sugar and creme first and then pour the coffee in and then stir the coffee afterwards to ensure that the sugar dissolves and the creme becomes uniform in the coffee". Does the stupid pax think that the drivers are ret*rded and stupid? Its my car and because Uber pays the driver with upfront pricing, I will take the most efficient route. I don't need to be told by the pax how to do my job. And, why do I take directions from someone who may not even have a driver's licence?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Nothing more annoying than pax saying "I am late for work" and "take this street" (backseat driving). First, it has nothing to do with the driver if you are running late. Second, the back seat driving with rudeness added is the worst. Why do the pax think that they know better than Waze, if there are traffic conditions factored in? And, its just obnoxious when you are a back seat driver. Think of it as you go into any coffee shop and then order a coffee. Then you tell the employee behind the counter, "you need to put the sugar and creme first and then pour the coffee in and then stir the coffee afterwards to ensure that the sugar dissolves and the creme becomes uniform in the coffee". Does the stupid pax think that the drivers are ret*rded and stupid? Its my car and because Uber pays the driver with upfront pricing, I will take the most efficient route. I don't need to be told byt the pax how to do my job. And, why do I take directions from someone who may not even have a driver's licence?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
I recently had not just a "I'll tip you in the app"er but a "Thanks for waiting. I'll tip you very well in the app"er. When the rating screen came up at the end of the ride, muscle memory made me just click the OK button, instead of the 1* and then OK, inadvertently giving the ass 5*.

Pax ratings are fairly meaningless, but I felt worse about giving the dork 5* than I did about him obviously tipping nothing after the ride.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Waiting until the timer hits 4:55 before getting into my car.
I've taken a harder stance on 5:00 cancellations lately. Used to be, if they were communicating, or en route & in sight, I'd wait past 5:00. Now, unless they are actively entering the vehicle before I finish cancelling, they'll be calling another Uber. They've shown their true colors and are not worth another second of my time.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
There really is only one thing that really bothers me, and that's when they try and enter my car with cokes, food, etc and they get miffed if I tell them the only thing that is allowed is bottled water.

I'd cancel that one and eject them.

I had two guys and one girl approach my car, smoking, and they put their cigarettes out and before they could get in, I drove off. I'm not even going to deal with people like that. Let them complain as I put in my complaint on them with uber.
I was in Huntington Beach, saw a girl I was about to pick up on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette...my window was down and she says "Heyyy!" I said "Heyyyyy!" And I kept on driving...I have zero tolerance for smoking right before getting in my car. Its so rude and disrespectful to stink up someones car and force me to breath in your toxic fumes that have stuck to your body and clothes.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Entitled or attitude gets me the most. The other stuff I have run into once in a while but the entitlement and attitude gets me.

I had this ride the other night. I picked up passenger (1) and was taking him to his drop off and got another ping. A ride after my current ride. Cool (or so I thought) . So I drop off passenger (1) and not 10 seconds after I drop him off I get a call from passenger (2). I answer while driving toward his pick up. I say hello, before I can even get another world out he is Yelling at me, saying " Its said you were 6 minutes away for a while. . .when are you getting here Mother ****er, I tried to explain I had to drop my original rider off and was heading his way. . .he didn't even let me get that out. He starts yelling again. . "I don't care. .. you need to come pick me up right now. . or I will keep this app on all night long so you cant get another ride till you cancel or pick me up. So are you coming to pick me up or not." I told him. . .with that attitude and belligerence , do you honestly think I am coming to pick you up now, after that. .. I don't think so. And as far as keeping the App open and blocking my rides. . .. .its 1230 am. . .. you call me and you need the ride. .. I have been working all night so I am good for money right now. .. so You ant get a ride either til you cancel . . and as long as I wait you out I will still get a cancelation fee. So we will see who can wait the longest. and hung up on him and left the ride alone and started driving the other direction so he would know I was not picking him up.
So abou5 5 minutes go by and he calls me again. . .i answer the phone and said "yes?" he starts calling me Mother F****er again and cursing me and says how long are we gonna play this game. .. . You want the money and its a $50 ride. . .so are you coming or not *******. … I waited for him to stop yelling and said " Ill tell you what I want. . take your $50.00 shove it up your ass. . .and no not coming to get you .. and Ill wait and get my $5.00 cancelation fee when you cancel." He said well I am not going to cancel . . .. . I waited and then replied. . ."Its 1230 am. . .you don't have a ride and you sound way more desperate than me. . .. we shall see who cancels first. and hung up. .

5 minutes later .. . cancelation. .$5.00 fee. . .. what an self entitled idiot. . like I was going to let that attitude in my car. ..

81 - 100 of 112 Posts