• Request to stop at store or go to drive-thru

• No tip or being told "I'll tip you in the app"

• Attempt to sneak food/booze into vehicle

• Other: please explain in comments

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Guy bragging about their gay sexual exploits.
Or the 2 college age hotties who were bragging about 'doing' some guy at the club.
The guy in the very wealthy part of town with a Maserati and Benz in the drive, going to the local arena 3 miles away, no tip.
Mr Onion/Garlic breath.
Apartments dweller that expects me to know she's at building 8, when pin has her at entrance. Which fricken building is building 8-err!

Oh the joys of driving rideshare!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The taxi industry in San Francisco has taken a mighty blow. Uber and Lyft have firmly established themselves as not only a viable alternative to taxis but as the main go to for rides about sf and to SFO. Cab drivers in San Francisco are making approximately the same wages they were in the 90’s. The obvious problem being rent and general cost of living having risen to tech pay level of 2018. The initial thought is why don’t cab drivers just start driving for Uber? Some have, some don’t care to switch. The reason being mainly, Uber and Lyft drivers are so prolific they aren’t making money either. Unless they work 16 hours a day. The transportation arena in the city is beyond saturation. Which is awesome for the passengers but not so for the drivers. Having their hands tied at the state level (I assume) cities are left with very loose guidelines with which to enact regulations. The end result is because of the inability to know what is legal and what isn’t the Sfpd cannot enforce vehicle for hire laws because the lines have been blurred. Which leads to a kind of free for all in the human transportation field in San Francisco. Anyone driving for even a little while throughout the city can see and feel the sense of lawlessness on the streets. After much thought I believe I have come up with a possible solution to the callousness and wanton disregard shown to existing laws by Uber and Lyft. The “disrupters” entered the market skirting existing laws by calling the fares they charged donations. One was not required to pay the “donations” but if they didn’t pay that info would go into the app and no other driver would pick them up. Pretty genius. Since they only requested “donations” they did not have to adhere to current driver for hire laws, therefore creating a massive movement before slow moving legislation could be enacted to apply to the new “rideshares”. So much time has now elapsed it has become evident that lobbyist have been successful in convincing legislatures to keep their hands off rideshares. I’m guessing. Now that Uber and Lyft have established an identifiable brand through their stickers and such I see no reason why anyone who owns a car can’t profit from their branding. I have window decals printed from {build a sign} that say; UBBER and LIFT (misspelling intentional) and below that; CASH. With the word, donation in small letters below cash. Initially, people will only try to flag an Uber or lyft when it is busy, ie, bars closing, concerts and large events. Once word gets out that rideshares are hailable all hell should break loose. Cities will be forced to limit rideshares and regulate drivers and vehicles, thereby making human transportation a more fair playing field for the existing taxi companies. I understand this may never happen but, feel compelled to try getting the idea out there. The rideshares steamrolled their way into this arena and many of us feel abandoned by local government. We can use their tactics against them using their identifiable brand and lack of action by local municipalities. I liken bringing Uber, and Lyft down to the movie “war of the worlds” where the aliens ultimate downfall was something very simple. If enough people were to do this (including Uber/Lyft drivers) the mighty aliens (Uber/Lyft) might come crashing down.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
No...thems Skittles....

Saving them for a rainy day...8>)

Rakos
View attachment 196873
Skittles seem to be a thing with 'your type.' :D

The taxi industry in San Francisco has taken a mighty blow. Uber and Lyft have firmly established themselves as not only a viable alternative to taxis but as the main go to for rides about sf and to SFO. Cab drivers in San Francisco are making approximately the same wages they were in the 90's. The obvious problem being rent and general cost of living having risen to tech pay level of 2018. The initial thought is why don't cab drivers just start driving for Uber? Some have, some don't care to switch. The reason being mainly, Uber and Lyft drivers are so prolific they aren't making money either. Unless they work 16 hours a day. The transportation arena in the city is beyond saturation. Which is awesome for the passengers but not so for the drivers. Having their hands tied at the state level (I assume) cities are left with very loose guidelines with which to enact regulations. The end result is because of the inability to know what is legal and what isn't the Sfpd cannot enforce vehicle for hire laws because the lines have been blurred. Which leads to a kind of free for all in the human transportation field in San Francisco. Anyone driving for even a little while throughout the city can see and feel the sense of lawlessness on the streets. After much thought I believe I have come up with a possible solution to the callousness and wanton disregard shown to existing laws by Uber and Lyft. The "disrupters" entered the market skirting existing laws by calling the fares they charged donations. One was not required to pay the "donations" but if they didn't pay that info would go into the app and no other driver would pick them up. Pretty genius. Since they only requested "donations" they did not have to adhere to current driver for hire laws, therefore creating a massive movement before slow moving legislation could be enacted to apply to the new "rideshares". So much time has now elapsed it has become evident that lobbyist have been successful in convincing legislatures to keep their hands off rideshares. I'm guessing. Now that Uber and Lyft have established an identifiable brand through their stickers and such I see no reason why anyone who owns a car can't profit from their branding. I have window decals printed from {build a sign} that say; UBBER and LIFT (misspelling intentional) and below that; CASH. With the word, donation in small letters below cash. Initially, people will only try to flag an Uber or lyft when it is busy, ie, bars closing, concerts and large events. Once word gets out that rideshares are hailable all hell should break loose. Cities will be forced to limit rideshares and regulate drivers and vehicles, thereby making human transportation a more fair playing field for the existing taxi companies. I understand this may never happen but, feel compelled to try getting the idea out there. The rideshares steamrolled their way into this arena and many of us feel abandoned by local government. We can use their tactics against them using their identifiable brand and lack of action by local municipalities. I liken bringing Uber, and Lyft down to the movie "war of the worlds" where the aliens ultimate downfall was something very simple. If enough people were to do this (including Uber/Lyft drivers) the mighty aliens (Uber/Lyft) might come crashing down.
Uber/Lyft drivers, both old and new, unwittingly fell prey to the lies of Rideshare. Not sure if there is any 'turning back' now...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't slam my door my kids don't even slam my door lol. I seriously hate when people call me with directions to get to them don't even text me. I go to where the pin is set if you're not there in 5 min you'll be looking at my brake lights

·
Premium Member
63,132 Posts
When they stroll out at two minutes after I have been sitting there and don't say shit about it... YOU ORDERED A RIDE, I AM HERE, WTF? Or, the long ass cancel....... they order a ride, I drive 10 minutes to the pickup, and then they cancel, that pisses me off! I now call ALL long pickups, and ask where they are headed, and if its a 5 minute ride, I cancel. Screw that, I can't work for free. I know that's against the rules, but screw that rule, that's stupid.
They stroll out stand near car and continue to have conversation for Another 5 minutes !

·
Registered
18 Posts
BO has to be up there. My first passenger last night had the rankest, most aggressive BO I've ever smelled. He said he needed a ride to a relative's house (ended up being a skeezy motel) because he got into a fight with his roommates. Guessing it wasn't over the water bill being too high. I drove the entire way with the windows down and Febreezed the hell out of my car the moment he closed the door.

Entitled passengers and those who think it's acceptable to ask how much you make are a close second.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
I finally found the one thing that pisses me off more than all the other pax things that piss me off. Though technically you might not call her a pax since she never got in my car. I get a ping that is in my home town but it is 15 minutes away from where I am just entering town from a drop off in a different town. I take it because it was going to be the last trip of the afternoon. I drive to the pax's house and what do I see... A taxi cab already there waiting at the same house.

I pull up to the taxi and roll down the window and asked the driver if he was waiting for X and of course I tell him I am an Uber driver. He goes "Yeah. been here about 5 minutes." I asked him if he knew where she was going and he tells me the airport. I asked him what it would cost for the ride with him and he says the trip would cost X about $38 and in return he asked how much I would make on the trip, so I told him I would make about $14. We talked some more and about 3 minutes into waiting/talking the pax finally comes out of her house.

Needless to say, I was pissed off at the customer that she called both a taxi and an uber. Soooooo knowing the taxi was going to cost her more and since it was a long pick up for me and I had already invested over 5 minutes into the trip I told the taxi driver that since he was here first that I was taking off. So as the pax was walking around the taxi I drove off. She didn't have to make a choice which ride she was taking. I did it for her. As I pulled over up the street to wait and cancel the ride after 5 minutes, the passenger cancelled the trip as the taxi passed me since I was sitting on the side of the road. I got $7.76 for the cancellation and I hope X enjoyed her trip to the airport in a beat up taxi, that cost her more than twice what she would have paid just Uber.

I ended up with another ride that was only 3 minutes away that I made $26 + $4 cash tip on for taking them downtown KC.
Lots of WIN in this story. Very nice.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I got one tonight...

Got an XL call to the local mall...

Called the pax...

Says my girl and a couple of friends...

I get there...6 12 to 13ish girls...

They had the right account name...

Then announced she was getting in...

I corrected her and said...NO your not...

She says I got my dad on the phone...

I said I don't care...you are all minors...

Cancelled and drove off...

The looks on their faces was...

PRICELESS...!

Rakos
Head Primate Eye Organism Gesture

PS. Just proves... don't monkey with a monkey...8>)

·
Banned
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I got one tonight...

Got an XL call to the local mall...

Called the pax...

Says my girl and a couple of friends...

I get there...6 12 to 13ish girls...

They had the right account name...

Then announced she was getting in...

I corrected her and said...NO your not...

She says I got my dad on the phone...

I said I don't care...you are all minors...

Cancelled and drove off...

The looks on their faces was...

PRICELESS...!

Rakos
View attachment 197122
PS. Just proves... don't monkey with a monkey...8>)
Driving off....
I bet.....
Made them go.....
Apesh!t.....
Upyouruber

·
Registered
460 Posts
All of the above. I’d also like to add pax that order an Uber from a large mall and the pin is placed directly in the center instead of the correct pickup location. They either assume you can see exactly where they are or are too lazy or dumb to text/call and let you know. Also apartment complexes with no building number, no attempt to help the Uber driver find where they are. Then they act annoyed when you call them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The multiple stop Chinese Delivery Dude who thought I should wait for him at Target for 20 minutes while he dropped off food and tells me I get paid for waiting for him. I told him to give me 50% of his tips. His trip "accidentally" ended at the Target.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Lack of tips.

With a decent enough tip, all the other poll options aren't that much of an issue.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts