• No tip or being told "I'll tip you in the app"

• Attempt to sneak food/booze into vehicle

• Other: please explain in comments

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smoking right before getting in. I don't care if you want to smell like an ashtray all the time but don't track that into my car or even now into my cab damnit. End up having to listen to the next pax complain about it as well....
Yup, this pisses me off the most!

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Smoking right before getting in. I don't care if you want to smell like an ashtray all the time but don't track that into my car or even now into my cab damnit. End up having to listen to the next pax complain about it as well....
Even worse, pulling up to smoking pax, who opens door the exhales inside....windows go down instantly. I have had some very cold pax in my car recently and let them know why.

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
There really is only one thing that really bothers me, and that's when they try and enter my car with cokes, food, etc and they get miffed if I tell them the only thing that is allowed is bottled water.

Even worse, pulling up to smoking pax, who opens door the exhales inside....windows go down instantly. I have had some very cold pax in my car recently and let them know why.
I'd cancel that one and eject them.

I had two guys and one girl approach my car, smoking, and they put their cigarettes out and before they could get in, I drove off. I'm not even going to deal with people like that. Let them complain as I put in my complaint on them with uber.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Pax who call within 30 seconds of accepting the ping or starting to drive towards them on a stacked ping. Often means they are needy/annoying. Also most of what needs to be communicated by these pax can be done by text. Often safer for me to read the text cause I often forget or don't bother to flip my Bluetooth on when I get in the car because almost anyone who needs to get a hold of me including most pax just text me! Also the ones who call are the ones who ask can I bring my dog? Do you mind waiting while I go into the pharmacy? (At 1:30pm) can you pick me up at 4?(My market doesn't have scheduled trips for riders). I've a few times when having a bad day that I've just ignored the call then cancelled. I don't think anything I've been called for had to be handled by a phone call. Either text (like most pax prefer we do cause it's less invasive) or wait till I'm at or near your location.

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts
Pax who call within 30 seconds of accepting the ping or starting to drive towards them on a stacked ping. Often means they are needy/annoying. Also most of what needs to be communicated by these pax can be done by text. Often safer for me to read the text cause I often forget or don't bother to flip my Bluetooth on when I get in the car because almost anyone who needs to get a hold of me including most pax just text me! Also the ones who call are the ones who ask can I bring my dog? Do you mind waiting while I go into the pharmacy? (At 1:30pm) can you pick me up at 4?(My market doesn't have scheduled trips for riders). I've a few times when having a bad day that I've just ignored the call then cancelled. I don't think anything I've been called for had to be handled by a phone call. Either text (like most pax prefer we do cause it's less invasive) or wait till I'm at or near your location.
Im guilty of calling.
On the few times i was a passenger.
Usually because i want to transport a lead acid battery or car part in their car.
Only new store bought batteries.
Only clean ones.

I dont want to ambush them on arrival.

I do tip $5.00- $10.00.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Im guilty of calling.
On the few times i was a passenger.
Usually because i want to transport a lead acid battery or car part in their car.
Only new store bought batteries.
Only clean ones.

I dont want to ambush them on arrival.

I do tip $5.00- $10.00.
That is acceptable but for everyone of those there's 10 stupid questions or people worried you won't be able to find their house. Can be handled through texts. Had a guy once concerned that I wouldn't have room for his golf clubs, handled quickly and safely through texts. I understand the thought process, that we're driving and calling might be safer. The truth is I'm really probably more annoyed that they feel compelled to bother me with stupid crap. I mean my phone is mounted, I can easily read texts as they come in just go for the least invasive method

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
4 pax pisses me off. Always loud yelling and screaming going short distance. All 4 slamming door, 4 way requests at the same time for something like charger, it’s hot/cold, can u stop by here or there, interrogated with bunch of same questions but only 4 way.

Unless they’re female cute or one of them is hot then I’ll make an exception to my pissiness:)

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
My biggest pet peeve is people standing in dangerous areas or places that have the illegal parking.
I do a lot of pickups at a train station that has a designated pick-up area, but they stand at the bus only area and scream at me when I explain where to find me. I feel bad tonight I had to explain to this guy both in text and on the telephone where to find me.His time ran out and I saw him as I was pulling out and I just kept going. If customers took care of the driver I might go the extra mile for people.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts