Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have google maps on my phone,and whenever I get a ride. Google maps tells me to gone one way,but when I check the uber app, it tells to go another way. For example today, google maps told me to take exit77,but on uber it said take exit 74. I went with google maps and I ended up on a private dirt road in the boonies. My pax told me he never took this way. Any tips for me?

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
Uber nav works mostly fine in my region. I run waze in the background to get audibles when I reach legal speed limits.
Often times, Uber will switch up customary directions. Most likely they are monitoring other Uber drivers in the area and sensing the flow of traffic when choosing your current route.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Google. I found the routes on the Uber map were taking me on the shortest no matter how long I would end up on tiny bad roads or stuck at lights. Google routes fastest even if the distance is longer.

I'm sure Uber does this so they can take more of my fare.

I also like that I can toggle back and forth and Google gives me turn by turn while tje Uber map remains in zoomed out north up mode and shows the destination name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts