Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha!

Just recently started driving for Uber and I had a great week so far.

I'm about to buy a new car but I wanted to make sure it will qualify for Uber in Honolulu.

Does anyone know if an Audi A3 (hatchback) or a BMW 328 (station wagon) would qualify?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
496 Posts
DO NOT buy a new car. You are not going to make very much driving for Uber and you don't want to be stuck with a big loan. As Mr.Jay suggested, buy an old used car and get one that gets good mileage like a Prius or Honda Fit.

Better yet, hold off on buying anything until you've driven for a month or so and can prove that you'll make money after Uber fees, gas and 15% self-employment tax.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Audi and bimmer would qualify for select if that's what you're looking to drive, confirm on Uber website about the year that qualifies for select ( each model has different year eligibility) so, be sure to get something that would atleast be accepted for the next few years. For UberX, anything with 4 wheels, 4 doors and a couch inside.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Aloha!

Just recently started driving for Uber and I had a great week so far.

I'm about to buy a new car but I wanted to make sure it will qualify for Uber in Honolulu.

Does anyone know if an Audi A3 (hatchback) or a BMW 328 (station wagon) would qualify?

Thanks in advance!
Don't buy anything you don't mind watching get driven into the ground in 12 mos. Aloha

·
Registered
235 Posts
Correct, you’ll be driving thousands of miles and the cars suffer a lot. Nissan have good mileage and reasonable maintenance. I personally use my own golf, but mileage is around 26-27 mpg and parts are expensive. Just replaces a/c for $1200! Ouch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.