Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts
Neither of those songs would be seen as 'punk.' But guessing you know that already...

Devo was pure Dadaist music (unique unto themselves) & B-52's were New Wave.
I agree in the sense that they don't quite fit into the punk music "genre" but they definitely qualify as punk in their attitude at some point. Kind of like Costello's early music, one angry dude not giving one fux. Stuff like "I don't want to go to Chelsea" or "high fidelity". Punk is many things to many different people. Some people aren't even aware that they carry it within them, they just are.

Finally a thread that I can get with!

Why do punk rock bands always look like a bunch of genetic deficient mental ward residents that missed puberty?
They eventually grow up and become regular 9 to 5 job holding people, too. Haha. My friend had a teacher that was in a pretty iconic L.A. punk band when he was in high school.

I agree in the sense that they don't quite fit into the punk music "genre" but they definitely qualify as punk in their attitude at some point. Kind of like Costello's early music, one angry dude not giving one fux. Stuff like "I don't want to go to Chelsea" or "high fidelity". Punk is many things to many different people. Some people aren't even aware that they carry it within them, they just are.

Finally a thread that I can get with!

They eventually grow up and become regular 9 to 5 job holding people, too. Haha. My friend had a teacher that was in a pretty iconic L.A. punk band when he was in high school.
Elvis was punk! Glam Punk, but still...lol

Rivers Coumo owes him.
I think Cuomo really has made everything his own though. Real pop rock genius. Extremely charismatic, too. I saw Weezer for free at a surprise mini axe concert shot for a commercial at a dunes inn on sunset about 8* years ago. Lots of celebrities showed up, it was crazy. He would stand on the barricades and high five the fans. Fun day.

I waited like 4 hours to be first in line with my friends haha

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.