Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
I've seen the Ramones. 10-12 times.
They were.... wonderfully bad.
It didn't help that they were actually the opening act for Black Sabbath. It just didn't mesh at the time. I remember reading an interview with them in the newspaper the next day and they were really nervous about playing the Forum after being booed off stage at the Swing.

Isnt there a somewhat different rate written on the side of the cab???
That's a Still from movie from the set. I didn't change that part of it. Those were the rates when the movie shot in '72 but I put '77 in the meme because although punk existed in '72 it was more prevalent in '77. The rates were some what higher in '77 because of the rations but I left it alone.

The Ramones - I want to be sedated.

Poor guys tried to play the Swing Auditorium in Berdoo and got booed off stage. Sorry guys, Berdoo wasn't ready for punk yet.
By the way, the audio of the actual concert is on youtube.

Amazing that this somehow was preserved. I love the Interwebs.

Newspaper Publication Font News Paper product

"...The Ramones played with the same hard-rock intensity as Black Sabbath, but they consciously aimed for a primitive style that used only power chords and put a three-minute time limit on their songs. The group has captured the attention and adulation of a small cult across the country and across the ocean, but it apparently has a long way to go before it wins over San Bernardino. When the band took to the stage, the crowd started to direct negative energy at it almost immediately. First it was yells, then the middle finger salute. Soon a few coke cups, popcorn boxes and tomatoes were thrown at the stage. The rowdy activity then snowballed into a steady rain of hurled trash. Through it all, almost, the Ramones remained committed to their performance. They kept up a steady pace and ran quickly through their short songs, holding their heads firmly against the storm of debris. When lead singer Joey Ramone was hit square on the head with a filled Coke cup, some in the. audience exploded with glee, and the rain became heavier. Then in the middle of "Surf in' Bird," an old minor hit originally recorded by a group called the Trashmen, the band suddenly left. San Bernardino had just thrown the Ramones off the stage."

Reactions: TwoFiddyMile
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.