Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here on forum mine bitcoins ? I wonder if any geeks out here driving had as much time as I do and spend like 100+h reading waiting for this bs pings to come and went it to that lol. What other interests did you guys picked up because of massive amount of down time ?

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Isn't basically ComEd electricity too expensive to make bitcoin mining profitable? (taxes + electricity, etc).

Barely follow Bitcoin---just hear that the easy money in Bitcoin is long gone. Same with ETH---easy money is over. And everything else looks too dodgy (litecoin, DGE, etc)

how can i mine bitcoin? can i join you?
Setup lots of computers----you may have to upgrade the wiring in your house to handle all the amps you'll need.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how can i mine bitcoin? can i join you?
Isn't basically ComEd electricity too expensive to make bitcoin mining profitable? (taxes + electricity, etc).

Barely follow Bitcoin---just hear that the easy money in Bitcoin is long gone. Same with ETH---easy money is over. And everything else looks too dodgy (litecoin, DGE, etc)

Setup lots of computers----you may have to upgrade the wiring in your house to handle all the amps you'll need.
There's still good money to be mined. Problem is when you get higher is to liquidate what you have or keep it going hoping for higher prices. bitcoin is dying for miners but in general crypto currency is still skyrocketing generally people don't mine bitcoin just ethereum basically all stuff same concept diff brand of coin. You can switch between them instantly.

Basically it's good stack of 6-11 GPUs with lowered voltage and all supplied with average CPU all connected to one 1600W powersupply is one rig that can mine good chunk of money a day. It cost me only 20 percent of actuall income that I mine in electricity. Ratio is lucrative but all profit goes to expanding into more rigs with hopes of having 20 to infinity ... machines running and mining whatever is popular at a time.

Can't imagine how much coin some Asians do when they mine in warehouse size amount of rigs you get 300k profit, bills of electricity of 80k. But imagine the profit. 50 percent change in cash rest keep as long time investment. Crypto investments (buy shares in illegal diamond digging company in south Africa) potentially could extend your profits on scale no legal business would ever do. Idk just seems like something that might be looking into especially when major online stores accept this as their form of payment. (No reported taxes, traces of payments, goverment can seriously suck it)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ethereum will soon be bigger market cap wise then Bitcoin. The growth there is interesting I prefer it because the transaction times are a lot less as well.

Personally I don't mine. It's a waste of time and electricity. Chinese miners have warehouses bigger then any amateur rig setup so the game is a bit rigged in that regard because as time goes on it becomes harder and harder to mine the coins.

I do invest though. There is a lot of dead money coming into crypto right now. Last year the marketcap at this time for all of cryptocurrencies was 12 billion dollars, today its 112 billion.

I don't trade. I look for value, buy and hold. It's a lot of speculation which I'm not a fan of and a lot of research. You have to understand the Asian exchanges to get a sense of what is moving or what is going to move.

I have 3 cryptos that im currently long in and as the price goes lower I buy more but I'm always looking for new cryptos.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I deal a lot with custom computers from water cooling to paint to mods, never tried bitcoin mining though. I dont like my electric the way it is...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ethereum will soon be bigger market cap wise then Bitcoin. The growth there is interesting I prefer it because the transaction times are a lot less as well.

Personally I don't mine. It's a waste of time and electricity. Chinese miners have warehouses bigger then any amateur rig setup so the game is a bit rigged in that regard because as time goes on it becomes harder and harder to mine the coins.

I do invest though. There is a lot of dead money coming into crypto right now. Last year the marketcap at this time for all of cryptocurrencies was 12 billion dollars, today its 112 billion.

I don't trade. I look for value, buy and hold. It's a lot of speculation which I'm not a fan of and a lot of research. You have to understand the Asian exchanges to get a sense of what is moving or what is going to move.

I have 3 cryptos that im currently long in and as the price goes lower I buy more but I'm always looking for new cryptos.
which cryptos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts