Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering whether or not to buy a used hybrid to do Uber and Lyft, but need some inputs from my other Boston drivers to decide.

How many riders do you get per hour in the city? How many hours do you usually drive per day and how many riders do you usually get per day?

I know that surge doesn't really exist anymore, at least not above 2x. I doubt anyone tips.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Depends on the time. Later at night near college campuses or in southie you can do alot. More like 4 an hour If you work in the burbs or at the airport you'll do less. Maybe 1.5 an hour.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plan on 2 for an average
Geez... What days and time do you drive that only avg you 2 per hour?

Depends on the time. Later at night near college campuses or in southie you can do alot. More like 4 an hour If you work in the burbs or at the airport you'll do less. Maybe 1.5 an hour.
4 per hour. How much do you usually take home after Uber's commission?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I am wondering whether or not to buy a used hybrid to do Uber and Lyft, but need some inputs from my other Boston drivers to decide.

How many riders do you get per hour in the city? How many hours do you usually drive per day and how many riders do you usually get per day?

I know that surge doesn't really exist anymore, at least not above 2x. I doubt anyone tips.
I'd say if you are driving in the city 2 maybe 3 per hour. If you get a lot of short trips with no traffic maybe 4 per hour.

I generally do 8 to 10 hours per day depending on how long it takes me to reach my daily goal. Since they added in app tipping I've done very well averaging $50 to $75 in tips per week in app plus there are some cash tips

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I drive 5 or 6 days that was probably 100 rides and 6 days that week. It's just a matter of working hard and knowing where to fish for rides
How many miles do you put on your car and how much do you spend on gasoline per week? Also, what's your car's avg mileage per gallon?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
How many miles do you put on your car and how much do you spend on gasoline per week? Also, what's your car's avg mileage per gallon?
I have a Nissan Sentra it averages 30 mpg and gas for me is usually $70 to $90 per week depending on how much I drive! Miles vary per week but anywhere from 900 to 1100 per week

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a Nissan Sentra it averages 30 mpg and gas for me is usually $70 to $90 per week depending on how much I drive! Miles vary per week but anywhere from 900 to 1100 per week
What year? I was thinking about buying a Nissan Altima, but I heard the CVTs on the Nissan cars are crappy and will need repairs. Does your car have a CVT? Does your car drive sluggish or any transmission problems so far? Any repairs on your car you have to get fixed that wasn't related to normal wear and tear?

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Do you do anything extra for those tips?
i think so, LMAO

1,000 ish miles per week, sometimes a little more
$50-$60 per week in gas with a hybrid

Damn, bro. That's impressive. Do you drive all 7 days or how many days per week? How many rides altogether that week to get that $1486 amount?
hard worker, right there

i only do pools with stop new requests and this number is up and down during the day(shift)

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
damn, i might start providing chargers for an extra 70 per week
I have a USB charging strip under my center armrest and run cables to the back.

The cable are Android and Apple compatible so I just have pax grab the cable instead of fishing for the correct one. Since they terminate under the armrest (in the console) there's no easy way for them to walk off. Cheap and easy; it really should be a no brainer.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts

I mean I haven't been able to do that in the summer. A mix of the average summer trip being longer and the fact that it isn't that busy.

I mean lots of short trips aren't the most profitable, unless you've got a good quest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts