Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had total 2 tickets last 4 years, both of them I gave to lawyers to fight them . Both moving violations, different counties (NYC) , different time (2013 and 2016), 2 different lawyers. What I heard from TLC drivers, both they (lawyers) have good enough success rate. Many TLC drivers have a lot of tickets and I can make some stats (70-80% winning ). But in my case I lost both of them. So just curious, if I'm unlucky? :)

1) what is your stats? How many tickets you gave to traffic lawers, and how many you(they) 've won?

2) violations on what counties are more difficult to beat?

3) what kind of violations are easy/difficult to beat? (moving violation, phone, speeding..)

please honest opinions, only drivers post, not from lawyers offices :D

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
If you really want to know the the Traffic Violations court is then go to any of them in NYC and sit in for a couple of hours, it’s completely open to the public.

You will immediately notice there are only a few ways to get a ticket dismissed:

1. Cop doesn’t show up (Judge can still decide to give u another date instead)

2. Cop testimony has flaws

3. You have evidence that can prove the cop testimony to be flawed.

Many lawyers try to really take apart the testimony of the cop but sometimes they fall short.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Jeffrey ziff beats all my tickets, he beat 5 (reckless driving tickets) (5 point violations) reduced em to 0 point violations and just a 100$ fine.
He beat 2 of my speeding tickets 76 in a 55, and a 82 in a 55. Both 0 points, 250$ fines.

I have no more tickets l0l. But any ticket I get I go to jeffrey ziff!

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
West 917-612-8288

Dam yalls can't drive for nothing! ZERO tickets in the last ten years, except for expired meter.

Also I keep a three liter polish spring bottle at the front seat area. If it tilts and fall it means ure a bad driver.

Test your Kung Fu folks!
Try driving a yellow cab in the city and you'll see how unfair cops can be.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Dam yalls can't drive for nothing! ZERO tickets in the last ten years, except for expired meter.

Also I keep a three liter polish spring bottle at the front seat area. If it tilts and fall it means ure a bad driver.

Test your Kung Fu folks!
Its not about being bad drivers... Actually most good drivers get good tickets. Good drivers don't get into accidents. 0 accidents in my life.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Are phantom tickets a real thing?
yes and some locations more than others. example Astoria usually NYPD (police) rarely tickets since state troopers took over bridge and highway unless holidays. so if you see state troopers then know they looking for speeder etc. if NYPD on the exit be careful they looking to fulfill quota and looking for any excuse.

aslo days and place where police officers hurt on the job or hit and run locations are all possible spots for phantom tickets.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.