Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Sound like you're trapped in your driving hell.
Is that the best you can do?
I’m actually doing fine. I work 8 hours a day and make $220-$300 depending on the day and what events are going on.
The public transportation in my city is shit, so lots of people depend on LyUber to get to work. So all I have to do is stay in middle/working class areas and I get a consistent amount of decent trips along with $3-$8 surges on top of them about 50% of the time. And most of my rides are more than 8 miles away. With what they pay in my city, longer rides are pretty profitable while short ones aren’t worth the time of day.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
The upper crust neighborhoods are to far and spread out in my city, therefore I just don't work them. I only pick up in areas where I know there will be consistent movement, which are usually business districts.
And yes, I have, but they're far and few in between compared to the constant shit trips I was stupid enough to take from the ghetto going to family dollar half a mile down the road, or to the wig and make up shop across the street.
every city is different...in denver there are pings everywhere in the metro area....there are areas that are best to avoid or drive away from if dropping off but its important to learn your own market

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
every city is different...in denver there are pings everywhere in the metro area....there are areas that are best to avoid or drive away from if dropping off but its important to learn your own market
Correct. I drove a taxi in my city for a long time to I know it as well as anyone could.

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
A 4.6 rating is usually an idicator of who will sit in your back seat. The tri-fecta is when you accept a low rating pax and they start with the text demanding shit. Then it's tme to jettison that ride with empunity!
It's worth every ratings risk just to avoid those annoying bastards.
Besides, with all the brand new shinny ants we'll see on the road...let them have'um.
Glad to hear you're a success and are doing fine. I was just responding to your decloration about shitty neighborhoods giving you crappy results. Just wanted to remind you not to broadbrush neighborhoods. We're all aware of the condition changes in our cities. Boy.... do we know!

·
5,852 Posts
After reading many many posts about how drivers rate PAX I completely ignore the PAX rating. It is worthless in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Myself the vast majority of low rated people are great passengers. Only a very few I can understand their low rating. I find in my area the only reason I can understand the passenger getting low ratings from other drivers is the not large driving distance to their destination. I get confused why some of them have a low rating and distance is the only thing I can come up with on most of them. Great conversation with them. They are sometimes quiet people which I am guessing some drivers take personally. I do not.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts