Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The most important metric drivers should be aware of is your average GROSS $/Trip or called gross fare.
To calculate this is simple, found in your drivers online dashboard. The gross fare ($) divided by the # of trips.
PLEASE POST you average over the past year even if you haven't driven for a year.
This is the most important factor when determining wage because it is the ONLY metric that can change and hopefully a driver can improve on. Strategy and experience is the only way to increase this.
There is a finite # of trips a driver can do in an hour (2.5-3) and this limits your earning potential. Increasing your average per trip will increase your earnings.

Please post your GROSS $/trip and time of day/week you usually work.

Only willing participants need post and comment on this thread... THANKS!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
My gross is about $22 an hour working 9-3 Friday and Saturday nights. I made about $30 until pool started and I stopped refusing the pool pings and starated working in the suburbs

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My gross is about $22 an hour working 9-3 Friday and Saturday nights. I made about $30 until pool started and I stopped refusing the pool pings and starated working in the suburbs
Not per hour...post gross $/ trip please. average gross $/ trip.....or average gross fare as Uber puts it.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
The most important metric drivers should be aware of is your average GROSS $/Trip.
To calculate this is simple, found in your drivers online dashboard. The gross fare ($) divided by the # of trips.
PLEASE POST you average over the past year even if you haven't driven for a year.
This is the most important factor when determining wage because it is the ONLY metric that can change and hopefully a driver can improve on. Strategy and experience is the only way to increase this.
There is a finite # of trips a driver can do in an hour (2.5-3) and this limits your earning potential. Increasing your average per trip will increase your earnings.

Please post your GROSS $/trip and time of day/week you usually work.

Only willing participants need post and comment on this thread... THANKS!
Gross uber xl select 33 dollars; uber x 12 $ per trip

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't think this is the proper metric to use. Because the destination isn't known until you start the trip, the $/trip is random and not controllable. How can strategy and experience increase this - you might get a string of riders who don't want to go more than 2-3 blocks downtown. Or you may also get the crazy long fare from Ajax to Burlington. But that's luck. You might say that experience may lead you to be in a certain area of the city on a certain day at a certain time.

I think a better metric is $/"total km" - where the total km = (1) km driven to pick up pax + (2) ride km + (3) dead km. This is a harder metric to calculate because it involves using data that is not automatically tracked in the app. But (1) and (3) are better variables that strategy and experience can increase. I always set my car's 'B' trip counter to zero whenever I start my online period so I know my true kms.

The minimum target should be $0.52/km, since this is what the CRA uses as mileage reimbursement base. This should be the breakeven point. An ideal target would be $1.00/km, but could go higher, using surges and minimizing dead miles.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think this is the proper metric to use. Because the destination isn't known until you start the trip, the $/trip is random and not controllable. How can strategy and experience increase this - you might get a string of riders who don't want to go more than 2-3 blocks downtown. Or you may also get the crazy long fare from Ajax to Burlington. But that's luck. You might say that experience may lead you to be in a certain area of the city on a certain day at a certain time.

I think a better metric is $/"total km" - where the total km = (1) km driven to pick up pax + (2) ride km + (3) dead km. This is a harder metric to calculate because it involves using data that is not automatically tracked in the app. But (1) and (3) are better variables that strategy and experience can increase. I always set my car's 'B' trip counter to zero whenever I start my online period so I know my true kms.

The minimum target should be $0.52/km, since this is what the CRA uses as mileage reimbursement base. This should be the breakeven point. An ideal target would be $1.00/km, but could go higher, using surges and minimizing dead miles.
I'm asking for average gross fare or what your average gross $/trip is.
NO. There is no randomness to this. This metric is your only quantifiable result. it is your gross earnings divided by your # of completed trips over the pay 365 days. It is called your average gross fare.
If you maximize your average gross fare and maximize your trips/hr, you simply can't do any better than that. Other personal variables such as car, maintenance etc are not meant fall into this thread.
Do not confuse this thread with non participation. Post your average gross fare for the last 365 days and times worked..Thanks.
We are not debating quality of metrics here.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Time and mileage should also be considered in equation.
This thread is asking for your average gross fare please. Divide your gross earnings by # trips grom past 365 days. platform and time worked. That's it. It's not that difficult.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Simple math people! Gross $/trip. This is Uber 's top metric yet drivers never discuss this or are unable to do the math.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This thread is asking for your average gross fare please. Divide your gross earnings by # trips grom past 365 days. platform and time worked. That's it. It's not that difficult.
It's not difficult but also not important. Someone may make less per trip yet more per hour and more per/km by driving downtown during surge. Now it is your thread but that doesn't mean I have to awnser the way you want. I grossed 24/hour after uber cut last week doing 33 hours mostly downtown

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not difficult but also not important. Someone may make less per trip yet more per hour and more per/km by driving downtown during surge. Now it is your thread but that doesn't mean I have to awnser the way you want. I grossed 24/hour last week doing 33 hours mostly downtown
I'm just asking what your average fare is not what you think you made/hour.
It is fundamental to a drivers earnings. I can see why you only grossed 24$/hr. You being a newbie, i get it. I grossed nearly double that in about same hours.
If you read my post and thought about it instead of knee jerk reaction you would think it its important. Why do you think Uber keeps it do secret?
It's so simple yet you don't seem unable to.
If you don't want to play, don't post.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm just asking what your average fare is not what you think you made/hour.
It is fundamental to a drivers earnings. I can see why you only grossed 24$/hr. You being a newbie, i get it. I grossed nearly double that in about same hours.
If you read my post and thought about it instead of knee jerk reaction you would think it its important. Why do you think Uber keeps it do secret?
It's so simple yet you don't seem unable to.
If you don't want to play, don't post.
Show a screen shot proving this. So I made 24.80 after uber 25% cut doing uber x and a little pool. Show me you made 49.60 per hour doing x, I would love to see that. If your going to bullshit then don't expect people to take your thread seriously.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very new to this. < 200 trips. Gross/Trip is $14. Drive day time 4-5 hours max , 2 or 3 days a week, weekdays only and occasionally Sundays. It would be nice to see the average of seniors who are doing this for a long time. I guess it wouldn't go over $20 ! Its a nice metric to see. Thanks.

Hope you noticed that the gross fare (which shows on the online dashboard )includes 1.50 for each ride. So the average here Gross$/trip would be affected by approx 1.50. So mine would be actually around $12.50

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know my numbers
My average fare for the past year on Uber x only had been 17$. That's averaged over 4000 trips. At 12$ per trip you are doing something seriously wrong. I wouldn't work for that. Most of your money comes from select and xl rides. What's your average fare for these platforms?

·
Registered
305 Posts
This thread is too funny....

I can say without even looking at numbers that driving xl its 10 dollars per fare. See its not that hard guys...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dont ask me how i know without looking.. im just very into numbers and judge my own performance on these numbers... i could go check but id have to be back with that if i remember...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts