Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens with the pax when we rate them low? Yesterday i picked up a gal with 4.3 rating? Is it important for them like it is for us? is Uber gng to deactivate somebody and refuse taking more money from this person? just curious

·
Registered
704 Posts
The problem is, more and more drivers are giving out low ratings for things such as tipping, when it's hard to fault a pax for not tipping when it's been engrained in them from the beginning that tipping is not necessary. I'm seeing more and more lower pax ratings, yet some of the lowest ratings I've seen, have been some of the nicest customers I've driven. This is making it increasingly more difficult to decide whether or not to except a customer with a low rating.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is, more and more drivers are giving out low ratings for things such as tipping, when it's hard to fault a pax for not tipping when it's been engrained in them from the beginning that tipping is not necessary. I'm seeing more and more lower pax ratings, yet some of the lowest ratings I've seen, have been some of the nicest customers I've driven. This is making it increasingly more difficult to decide whether or not to except a customer with a low rating.
I think the main reasons for the low rate are because some of them are just not nice, they are running late, expecting you to be a race car, giving you a wrong pick up address and so on. So rating is just a way to not see someone again, other then that is doesn't affect them?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I assume low rated passengers get them from drivers expecting tips, or that they earn them at night when drunk ubering home.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I assume low rated passengers get them from drivers expecting tips, or that they earn them at night when drunk ubering home.
Dude, yesterday I picked up a lady with a rate 4.3 It was in the morning, the busiest time, traffic. The ride was about 25 min, she said she needs to be there in 5 min, because she is late. I was waiting for her 10 min in front of he house, she never said anything like "thank you". I needed number of rides for the bonus offer. Anyways, during the trip she was yelling at me, she was rude and using f* words and she said that the uber drivers dont know shit. She was uncivil. Dude, trust me her rating was low, not because of no tipping :) Anyways, once again, my question is not WHY her rate is low, I know why it is low, I was asking if she can be rude with me and other drivers forever and she will never get banned even after rate of 4.00?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Dude, yesterday I picked up a lady with a rate 4.3 It was in the morning, the busiest time, traffic. The ride was about 25 min, she said she needs to be there in 5 min, because she is late. I was waiting for her 10 min in front of he house, she never said anything like "thank you". I needed number of rides for the bonus offer. Anyways, during the trip she was yelling at me, she was rude and using f* words and she said that the uber drivers dont know shit. She was uncivil. Dude, trust me her rating was low, not because of no tipping :) Anyways, once again, my question is not WHY her rate is low, I know why it is low, I was asking if she can be rude with me and other drivers forever and she will never get banned even after rate of 4.00?
Did you report her in the app. Find the trip in your history, go to the help for the trip, tap rider feedback, then "my rider was unpleasant" and explain what happened. Prob the most they will do is not pair you guys again, but maybe they'll send her a message to cut the shenanigans, though she sounds like that would not affect her.

·
Registered
401 Posts
lol i doubt the wait is 10 minutes long. I would have canceled the trip and get my 3.75 dollar cancellation fee. I have no patience waiting for customers.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you report her in the app. Find the trip in your history, go to the help for the trip, tap rider feedback, then "my rider was unpleasant" and explain what happened. Prob the most they will do is not pair you guys again, but maybe they'll send her a message to cut the shenanigans, though she sounds like that would not affect her.
That was the first thing I did..

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol i doubt the wait is 10 minutes long. I would have canceled the trip and get my 3.75 dollar cancellation fee. I have no patience waiting for customers.
The wait was 10 min. If you red my post, I explained why I waited for 10 min. I needed number of rides for the bonus. $3.75 is nothing

·
Registered
870 Posts
OK, sorry, that makes sense. Makes it all the more a bitter experience. She should get a 1 star rating and a specific reference.

I've got a lot of experience driving in Boston and shut these people down right away. I'm funny like that.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
It is time to fix these riders:

What you can do is once you arrived on location, the Uber app knows that you arrived, the timer start ticking, don't even text or call them unless is a HUGE SURGE so you want the ride, wait few minutes then start drive away, total when 5 minutes come, cancel it as NO RIDER SHOW UP, you get $3.75. They can finish putting their make up on then they realize the ride is not here, they can complaint to Uber why they got charge $5 cancellation fee but Uber will tell them that driver was on location because the trail shows that you are there

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nothing happens to the passenger however I've never seen less than a 4.1 so who knows maybe they cut them off at 4. The only thing the passenger rating does is have some drivers refuse to pick them up. And I can tell you the majority with a 4.5 or lower there is a big reason why. I typically cancel riders with 4.5 or lower but on occasion to hit bonuses if in broad daylight I've picked them up and you can see right away why they have a low rating.

And yea ive noticed lower ratings, average passenger is 4.58-4.7 now when used to be 4.7 and 4.8.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.