Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to believe there are enough suckers for Uber to pull off a successful IPO. However it looks like this is a real possibility. But make no mistake, the IPO has nothing to do with setting up a framework to make Uber into a profitable company, it's the investors trying to dump this turd on naive suckers and cashing out.

So let's say they pull off the IPO, then what happens? At that point the investor spigot is turned off. Yes, they'll have billions of dollars but they'll also have to open their books and try to become profitable, and that's not possible without at least doubling fares. However, when you double fares you lose half your customers. The Uber business model is unworkable and Uber knows it, all they care about now is cashing out so they can leave others holding the bag.

1,204 Posts
Since there is an unending supply of drivers and newbies signing up.
History shows past fare reductions 1. drivers squawked, but 2. continued to drive and sign up.

I suspect uber will Keep Fares Low for passengers
And TAKE more from drivers

Results: drivers will 1. squawk and continue to chauffeur ubers clients
2. Newbies will continue to sign up.

Drivers are disposable
Passengers are not

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Nothing should happen. If they raise fares they risk losing customers and money. IPO means you are investing in the company. If Amazon had raised it's prices after the IPO it might have failed. The IPO investment means that the company should find ways to grow and expand, the problem is there is not much more growth for Uber. Amazon expanded and did the Prime thing where you get free shipping and they end up making a fortune from charging people for that because i"m sure they can right off shipping costs.

You invest for the long term. The company needs to make profits or head towards that goal. You don't invest for them to raise prices. They don't need to raise prices they are already stealing extra from drivers and drivers gladly keep driving.

Knowing Uber they may raise rates and cut the drivers out of it.

1,204 Posts
Nothing should happen. If they raise fares they risk losing customers and money. IPO means you are investing in the company. If Amazon had raised it's prices after the IPO it might have failed. The IPO investment means that the company should find ways to grow and expand, the problem is there is not much more growth for Uber. Amazon expanded and did the Prime thing where you get free shipping and they end up making a fortune from charging people for that because i"m sure they can right off shipping costs.

You invest for the long term. The company needs to make profits or head towards that goal. You don't invest for them to raise prices. They don't need to raise prices they are already stealing extra from drivers and drivers gladly keep driving.
In a perfect world YOU may invest for long term
But MANY don't.

Once u have stockholders they want profits.
No profits? Dump the CEO & BOD.

Next Up, New CEO will be expected to turn a profit. Drivers are easy uncomplaining sheep who seem to enjoy being kicked in the sack.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
So let's say they pull off the IPO, then what happens? At that point the investor spigot is turned off. .
The people who buy the IPO stock are the new investors and the original investors make a fortune because their stock just shot up. It was private stock before and now it's public stock, the only problem is they can't sell of the stock will drop, but I doubt they care, the only way to keep the money in is if they think the company will become valuable. Perhaps original investors have to hold on to it a certain time.

I don't know stocks but that's what I do know.

1,204 Posts
The people who buy the IPO stock are the new investors and the original investors make a fortune because their stock just shot up. It was private stock before and now it's public stock, the only problem is they can't sell of the stock will drop, but I doubt they care, the only way to keep the money in is if they think the company will become valuable. Perhaps original investors have to hold on to it a certain time.

I don't know stocks but that's what I do know.
i concur : u don't know stocks nor investors

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
In a perfect world YOU may invest for long term
But MANY don't.

Once u have stockholders they want profits
Oh they are not getting profits, I doubt Uber is worth $40 billion and they plan to sell $120 billion or more worth of stock,

Ford if only worth about $34 billion and they are a real company that produces things not a taxi app stealing from drivers and customers.

i think it took Amazon 10 years to become profitable after the IPO, but I may be mistaken.

i concur : u don't know stocks nor investors
I never claimed to, why don't you tell us what you think you know.

1,204 Posts
Oh they are not getting profits, I doubt Uber is worth $40 billion and they plan to sell $120 billion or more worth of stock,

i think it took Amazon 10 years to become profitable after the IPO, but I may be mistaken.

Amazon is a completely different animal, involved in many areas including their most lucrative: Federal Government Cloud Services and Amazon Web Services..
E commerce is only one facet of Amazon

Ford if only worth about $34 billion and they are a real company that produces things not a taxi app stealing from drivers and customers.

Already did. Reread if u must

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,846 Posts
Amazon also spent their money on actual assets.

Mr amazon ceo, you lost 100 million last year...

Yeah but we increased our warehouse space by x million square foot and we built 150 million worth of wharehouses.

Ok.. sure mr ceo that’s not as good as profit but I see the value in that investment.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since there is an unending supply of drivers and newbies signing up.
History shows past fare reductions 1. drivers squawked, but 2. continued to drive and sign up.

I suspect uber will Keep Fares Low for passengers
And TAKE more from drivers

Results: drivers will 1. squawk and continue to chauffeur ubers clients
2. Newbies will continue to sign up.

Drivers are disposable
Passengers are not
Here's the problem with that, Uber loses 4 billion dollars a year and after the IPO the investor spigot is turned off, then Uber has to sink or swim on their own. The business model doesn't work and can't work, so matter how many billions they raise, it's only a matter of time before they implode.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Do you hear of any other APP being worth billions?

At the end of the day, uber is just a ****ing app. Google & apple can remove them from the app store. by the time it clears the courts, it would be absolutely worthless.

A fool and their money shall easily be parted with.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Here's the problem with that, Uber loses 4 billion dollars a year and after the IPO the investor spigot is turned off, then Uber has to sink or swim on their own. The business model doesn't work and can't work, so matter how many billions they raise, it's only a matter of time before they implode.
The IPO is their investor spigot. When you buy any stock it's an investment in the company.

At the end of the day, uber is just a @@@@ing app. Google & apple can remove them from the app store. by the time it clears the courts, it would be absolutely worthless.

and when self driving cars come into play and are realistic in 10 years GM or Ford can start their own app to do driverless taxi if it's still a worthwhile proposition which I think given the limited hours in a day and the distance it can travel and empty time from one pick up to another and traffic it may not be as profitable as Uber thought.

·
Premium Member
71,754 Posts
It's hard to believe there are enough suckers for Uber to pull off a successful IPO. However it looks like this is a real possibility. But make no mistake, the IPO has nothing to do with setting up a framework to make Uber into a profitable company, it's the investors trying to dump this turd on naive suckers and cashing out.

So let's say they pull off the IPO, then what happens? At that point the investor spigot is turned off. Yes, they'll have billions of dollars but they'll also have to open their books and try to become profitable, and that's not possible without at least doubling fares. However, when you double fares you lose half your customers. The Uber business model is unworkable and Uber knows it, all they care about now is cashing out so they can leave others holding the bag.
Brokers are FIGHTING over I.P.O.
IN ORDER TO MAKE COMMISSION ON SELLING PENSION FUNDS CRAP.

At the end of the day, uber is just a @@@@ing app. Google & apple can remove them from the app store. by the time it clears the courts, it would be absolutely worthless.

Remove WITHOUT NOTICE !?!?

FOR NO CAUSE !?!?

JUST LIKE UBER DOES TO DRIVERS ?

Justice ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The IPO is their investor spigot. When you buy any stock it's an investment in the company.
Right, but it's a one time deal. Then the books are open and people see Uber loses a billion a quarter and the jig is up. Uber has long been nothing more than a ponzi scheme. The IPO investor is a sap paying off the original investors. Uber will never create a self driving system of their own and they have no intention of doing so; all they have to do is hold it out to IPO investors as a real possibility for another three months to hook these new suckers.

1,204 Posts
Pure unadulterated speculation

It sure is but Dana has said look at what Amazon did when talking about Uber's potential IPO.
You don't accept Dara's business practices nor treatment of disposable drivers
However you do accept Dara's direction when it supports your position.

Dude, u can't play neonatal shopping cart debate
You're either for Dara or dismiss him.

·
Premium Member
71,754 Posts

Dude, u can play neonatal shopping cart debate

Dude, u can play neonatal shopping cart debate
Its Amazing what you can do with access to peoples Retirement Investment Funds !

Unlimited Chaos !

Each Trade brings Commission Fees !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.