Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
That Vegas story is crazy. They refer to Uber as a "ride hailing" service which it is not. Cabs are ride hailing service. Uber is call service rides. Totally different but kind of after the same customer. I had my first cab driver shake his fist at me in an angry way today.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
That Vegas story is crazy. They refer to Uber as a "ride hailing" service which it is not. Cabs are ride hailing service. Uber is call service rides. Totally different but kind of after the same customer. I had my first cab driver shake his fist at me in an angry way today.
Doc, welcome to the forum .
Ride hailing is a closer description than ride sharing. It's an electronic hail.
Don't worry about the cabbie shaking his fist at you. It's not you, it's them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
lol i I was in vegas this summer, and I took a cab to the airport.

I asked the driver what he thought about Uber coming to Vegas, and this is what he said:

"I think its great. Every additional opportunity is money in my pocket. I will sign up for Uber and try it; if that's where I make more money, that's what I'll do."

I asked him if he thought Uber was a threat...

"No. Those people who see Uber as a threat are afraid of change, used to what they know. You either change with the times or you don't feed your family"

I tipped the guy $5 and wished him good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts