Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If...

Then I will say metropolitan cities will have other tnc apps which will take over and disruption to both drivers and riders will be minimal, if any. But the suburbs and especially rural cities may not find a replacement sooner or later. I think the smaller tnc apps learned from Uber's mistake of 'world-domination-asap ' and a lot of smaller tnc companies are local serving one or two major cities and they don't care to expand globally...they just want to succeed in their home base...for now anyway

·
Registered
279 Posts
definitely agree. Uber to the ridesharing sector is what Myspace is/was to social media. New and better companies have since been created, and will be created in the future. Uber was just first to the finish line.

·
Registered
640 Posts
God Willingly that day shall come ....
If & when it does...I will have my father sell his Yellow medallions ASAP & get out of the taxi industry once and for all...

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
"Veteran" drivers would finally quit whining and blaming new drivers for not needing Uber as their sole source of income. Changes Uber has made to the way we conduct business are on Uber and Uber alone. Nobody else.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
If...

Then I will say metropolitan cities will have other tnc apps which will take over and disruption to both drivers and riders will be minimal, if any. But the suburbs and especially rural cities may not find a replacement sooner or later. I think the smaller tnc apps learned from Uber's mistake of 'world-domination-asap ' and a lot of smaller tnc companies are local serving one or two major cities and they don't care to expand globally...they just want to succeed in their home base...for now anyway
Wrong!! The others will fall also. They all do business the same way cause they can't survive at these price levels. They all shave money from the drivers by stealing half or all of the surge & by double dipping on the sales tax and still bleed money. Only yellow & livery will be left. Honest newbie advice, rent for a month to recoup some money & forget driving. You will thank me later.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Uber is bleeding money because of their promotions to kill yellow and the competition. They are wasting a ton of cash to recruit new drivers, while screwing the veterans.
All they have to do is raise the prices to the old level and get rid of all their BS promotions and new driver incentives.
Then we all ( including uber )will make money and there actually will be surge during busy times.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Uber is bleeding money because of their promotions to kill yellow and the competition. They are wasting a ton of cash to recruit new drivers, while screwing the veterans.
All they have to do is raise the prices to the old level and get rid of all their BS promotions and new driver incentives.
Then we all ( including uber )will make money and there actually will be surge during busy times.
As soon as they raise their prices to the old level. Passenger will desert them. Lyft will under cut them and the race to the bottom will resume.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
It is widely known that Uber lost money every year since their foundation. In 2016 alone Uber lost over 2 billions. The hope of their powerfull investors for a return of their investment is rapidly evaporating, and, they are putting pressure on Uber to produce more income. It is to be expected that Uber will resort to many changes to bring more profit to Uber so they can preserve their investors capital...unfortunately at the expenses of the hardworking drivers

·
Registered
598 Posts
As soon as they raise their prices to the old level. Passenger will desert them. Lyft will under cut them and the race to the bottom will resume.
i believe if uber rased their rates first to a respectable level the other apps will tank as yes customers would love to get a ride but if no drivers are willing to turn on that app because uber rates are better thats ballgame for lyft except for when its surging.. but alas lyft doesnt show you when you are accepting a prime ping or not...

·
Banned
2,126 Posts
There will always be uber, it will just be called something else

App based ridesharing is not going anywhere
What rideshare are you talking about, you are not doing ridesharing in any way shape or form with Uber.

Reactions: Uberman8263

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Really ? If they raise the price, would you drive for Lyft ? Right, didn't think so...Nor will any sane driver...Thus , Lyft won't have any drivers left to do the cheap chit rides, and the ones left will be 15 min away from a pick up location, in this instance even cheap a.s pax cancel the ride when you are halfway to pick up location.

What rideshare are you talking about, you are not doing ridesharing in any way shape or form with Uber.
Not in NYC it isn't, but everywhere else it is kinda of a Rideshare

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
. but alas lyft doesnt show you when you are accepting a prime ping or not...
This seems so unfair! I like knowing if there is a surge or not. Truth be told, I haven't cared since I only worked to get the $1,500/wk guarantees, but if I was driving outside of the guarantee period, I would definitely wanna know if it's a surge or not. I didn't sign up for Lyft in NYC because there are no good guarantees / bonuses so far.... until there are, no Lyft for me!

·
Registered
598 Posts
This seems so unfair! I like knowing if there is a surge or not. Truth be told, I haven't cared since I only worked to get the $1,500/wk guarantees, but if I was driving outside of the guarantee period, I would definitely wanna know if it's a surge or not. I didn't sign up for Lyft in NYC because there are no good guarantees / bonuses so far.... until there are, no Lyft for me!
yea the only way to know for sure is using the pax app... but u also run the risk accepting a ride that someone else canceled in the surge zone with no surge.. lol smh...

·
Premium Member
60,590 Posts
If...

Isn't everyone already signed up for Lyft ?
Going to start sniffing around for weekly cab lease. Have had class D chauffers license since I was 18.

Or ,everyone will go Rogue Cab.
A Free for All.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts