Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Well I thought this is how a customer supposed to recognize his driver. And if there is no sticker I guess he can conplain about that using the app
I have almost 2k trips with no trade dress and have not been dinged once for no trade dress. It's the best way to maintain your self respect.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Failure to utilize a window decal or an illuminated amp with Lyft if a violation pursuant to A.R.S 28-9552 Section D. Any officer will be able to pull this statute out of his computer on you as easy as he pulled you over - and it will indeed bite you in the ass with a civil fine or penalty for those who choose to be ignorant about regulations. Use the decals - they are free and keep you out of court.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Failure to utilize a window decal or an illuminated amp with Lyft if a violation pursuant to A.R.S 28-9552 Section D. Any officer will be able to pull this statute out of his computer on you as easy as he pulled you over - and it will indeed bite you in the ass with a civil fine or penalty for those who choose to be ignorant about regulations. Use the decals - they are free and keep you out of court.
https://law.justia.com/codes/arizona/2015/title-28/section-28-9552

Thanks. There's also this: ''The transportation network company shall file an illustration of the trade dress with the department.'' I would think that the officer would be able look at what U/L decals actually look like too.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
I forgot to slap the Uber decal back on after a full detail was done, and had a rematch at Sky Harbor before I realized it was missing. Airport dude came over and gave me a hard time but didn't write up anything, told him I forgot to stick it on. The airport cares about this, event venues may also care.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
😒 should I be worried? I've given 18k rides in PHX with zero trade dress. I've been pulled over 5 times, 3 times with pax. I have yet too hear a peace officer say the 2 words trade dress too me.

Out of all those incidents I received zero citations or pax complaints. Respect, decorum an being an Army vet goes a long way with cops as a lot of them are veterans also.

Though currently I do have an overzealous old lady at T4 north pickup who has harrased me a couple of times. I look out for her when Im at the airport. Trade dress is for low self esteem 🐜's

Let's say it is never on my window, am I gonna have any problems?
No you wont if you know what your doing.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
😒 should I be worried? I've given 18k rides in PHX with zero trade dress. I've been pulled over 5 times, 3 times with pax. I have yet too hear a peace officer say the 2 words trade dress too me.

Out of all those incidents I received zero citations or pax complaints. Respect, decorum an being an Army vet goes a long way with cops as a lot of them are veterans also.

Though currently I do have an overzealous old lady at T4 north pickup who has harrased me a couple of times. I look out for her when Im at the airport. Trade dress is for low self esteem 🐜's

No you wont if you know what your doing.
Just FYI the airport keeps a log of infractions. If a driver gets too many negative marks the airport can ban them from picking up at the terminals. If you want to keep airport privileges then you might want to put up the trade dress during pickups.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Just FYI the airport keeps a log of infractions. If a driver gets too many negative marks the airport can ban them from picking up at the terminals. If you want to keep airport privileges then you might want to put up the trade dress during pickups.
I personally like the Uber light they give out. I like that it sits on a magnet and I can easily put it up at the airport which makes it easier and quicker for pax to find you. I keep it down at other times...very convenient as opposed to the decals they have.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts