Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of the trip what happens if their card is declined. I think I'd blow a couple fuses if I did a trip over $100 and they couldn't pay at the end. Plus according to what I'm reading you can't see the destination and won't know until you pick them up. I was talking to a cab driver and he told me uber just wasn't worth it, he pays $800 a week to lease a luxury car from a local cab co. and makes 2-3 grand per week as well. If he has a non paying driver they call the cops.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
At the end of the trip what happens if their card is declined. I think I'd blow a couple fuses if I did a trip over $100 and they couldn't pay at the end. Plus according to what I'm reading you can't see the destination and won't know until you pick them up. I was talking to a cab driver and he told me uber just wasn't worth it, he pays $800 a week to lease a luxury car from a local cab co. and makes 2-3 grand per week as well. If he has a non paying driver they call the cops.
Do the same. If you have a non-paying passenger, and Uber doesn't pay you, report them to the police. They have stolen from you. The police can get all the info they need (full name, address, etc.) from Uber.

·
Registered
107 Posts
that's an UBER issue with the pax. drive from point A to point B end the trip, see the amount, collect from Uber minus their fee. as a driver all I do is drive I don't swipe their card I don't even know or care what method of payment they used. if it's approved by UBER that's good enough

·
26,804 Posts
Even if the card is no good, Uber will pay you.

My understanding is that Lyft will pay you after a certain time has elapsed, but if the customer's card is no good when he takes the trip, you do not get paid right away. I am guessing that Lyft will try several times over this period to get the card to clear. If it does eventually clear, they pay you. If it will not, I understand that they will pay you anyhow after the waiting period has expired, but not until then. Perhaps a Lyft driver can confirm or deny.

I did read somewhere that Sidecar's policy was similar to Lyft, until recently. I heard somewhere that now if the card is no good, Sidecar will not do anything and the driver eats it.

Uber does pay its taxi drivers if the card is no good. My Taxi would show a "decline" if the user tried to pay through the application and the card was no good. Hail-O did pay if the card was no good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, if all I have to do is start and end the trip I'm happy. I was thinking drivers had to collect payment to :)

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
I believe Uber software bills the second pax order the ride.
If a problem were to arise, pax would get an error message about card on file, no ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts