Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a guy after the UFC fight Saturday night. it was his 2nd time using uber. He was happy he took Uber from spring to downtown for $28. When i picked him up on the return he accepted a 3.6 surge. $110.
Sure he will freak out when he sees his bill...

Can he dispute this and get it changed/ not pay??
Anyone have experience with this?
Do you tell passengers when they are on big surge trip?

·
Registered
435 Posts
The app tells PAX it's a surge price. Doubt they could successfully dispute. The savvy ones just wait a minute or two until surge subsides.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I picked up a guy after the UFC fight Saturday night. it was his 2nd time using uber. He was happy he took Uber from spring to downtown for $28. When i picked him up on the return he accepted a 3.6 surge. $110.

No. If it's a surge they damn well know it because they had to approve it before they ordered you. They may hate it, and many do, but rest easy as there is nothing they can do about it after the fact.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts

I have had nany people during a big surge ask halfway to to their destination miles away how surge worked.

If you don't read the fine print to learn that tips are NOT included don't expect me to feel sorry for you when you don't read about how surge works either.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Don't mind the pax. I had a woman going to dispute the $80 charge she got. 2.3x surge. I told her to email Uber. I had no clue there was a surge since I got hit the sec I cleared another trip.

I figure if she crys loud enough Uber can credit her with one of those nice $30 off ride codes or credit her account. Uber seems to have good retention dept it seems from what pax have told me they done to get free rides.

I got paid for the trip and haven't even wondered of she got credited.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Definitely take the surge pay :) DO NOT cancel in the middle of a trip then have them to re-request you to get a lower fare. You never know what could happen while in the car, if the app will crash or have a hard time, etc. they accepted the surge rate. Tell them politely to email uber.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Definitely take the surge pay :) DO NOT cancel in the middle of a trip then have them to re-request you to get a lower fare. You never know what could happen while in the car, if the app will crash or have a hard time, etc. they accepted the surge rate. Tell them politely to email uber.
They don't worry about us not getting paid enough 95% of the time so why should we worry about them being overcharged once in a blue moon?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Well to answer the original question.. Uber handles the payment side of things. Until they can find a creative way to get out of that too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far no issues with that fare. Look like i will get paid-- thanks for all the advice and feedback!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts