Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working in downtown Minneapolis restaurant as a full time delivery driver and I am also a part time driver delivery for UberEats.

Tonight something strange happened at the restaurant. We had at least a dozen UberEats orders that were waiting to be picked up. Normally there might be just 1 or maybe 2 on a busy weekend but never more than 1 on a weeknight so I looked at the restaurant app on the UberEats tablet and we had no drivers coming. I talked to my coworker and he said it has been like this all week. He also told me that last few nights they had a few orders that were tossed at the end of the night.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I went into Medici Neopolitan Pizza in Uptown the other weekend and had some difficulty getting the order done rignt. There were two of us delivery people there. owner/manager apologized and said they had to throw out food that went undelivered because no one from Uber ever came by to pick up. Which wasn't an excuse as to why my order didn't have its soda, but he was very frustrated.

I think it is a combination of competition from better paying apps and growth in the job market.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In addition to what others said about pay and competition from other apps, I also think it's because it's downtown.

Any downtown city is a pain because of limited parking, more chance of delivering to businesses/apts/condos on the 15th floor and having to wait for elevators, too many pedestrians not waiting for the crosswalk and just walking into traffic and having to pay for metered parking or risk getting a parking ticket even if parked with hazards on in a loading zone.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I have been working in downtown Minneapolis restaurant as a full time delivery driver and I am also a part time driver delivery for UberEats.

Tonight something strange happened at the restaurant. We had at least a dozen UberEats orders that were waiting to be picked up. Normally there might be just 1 or maybe 2 on a busy weekend but never more than 1 on a weeknight so I looked at the restaurant app on the UberEats tablet and we had no drivers coming. I talked to my coworker and he said it has been like this all week. He also told me that last few nights they had a few orders that were tossed at the end of the night.
sounds like they need a 2.5 boost for that restaurant

·
Registered
251 Posts
My log looks like that more often than not, and it doesn't matter which app I'm using.
I'm sorry to hear that. My town has around 30 restaurants and is potato shaped with the long ends running about 12 miles and the top to bottom running about 6 so if you live in a larger city than that and you're getting those numbers with boost on you are probably doing something wrong or town is saturated.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.