Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read where the wait time for a pax was reduced from 5 min to 2 min. If it goes over 2 min they pay an extra fee. I have had many pax that do not show up in the 2 min window. I call at 2 min to confirm and its always "I will be right there". I do not start the trip until they are in the car. One time taking a stripper to her work she was at the car and back in the house to get something she forgot like 4 times. Total wait time was 10 min be fore I start the trip. No additional fare. What's up?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I haven't heard the 2 min rule.
Maybe it's a thing for something like 'pool'??

We really need a better meter than 11cents/min or whatever. This would make certain routes, and things like non-surge traffic issues more doable.
That meter should automatically start upon 'Arrived notifying Pax', and should be added to the fare.

I waited 10-15min the other night for a girl to change her outfit for the club.
my usual system for routine pickup locations:

1. arrive , wait a couple min.
2. txt "Hi, Uber is here! :)" to passenger
3. At 4 min or so if no response, call passenger
4. At 5 min weigh the $5 fee vs. going to my next passenger and decide

If there is a response via txt or cell, I usually wait

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't even bother calling or texting pax. When I show up I set my timer for 5 min. If they don't show up before it goes off I cancel, reason no show and roll on. The only exception is if it's an xl or at a surge of 2.0 or higher.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,949 Posts
I don't think the charge for wait time has been rolled out to all markets. Furthermore, they charge so little for the wait time that it might not bump you up past the minimum fare.

Wait 5 and cancel as no show to collect. Anyone who makes you wait longer than 5 without contacting you is an entitled pig who will give you a low rating just because they can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After 2 minutes it starts the per minute charge. Here in Philadelphia its 18 cents a minute. So if you waited 4 minutes 36 cents will be added to the fare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts