Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I don’t think I like your positive attitude 😝
It’s not positive. It’s a “better than…” attitude.

I don’t take $2 pings, so it’s never a $0.20 for me. (Nor is it 1.1 though; usually it starts with 1.2.)

And how about when it’s 1.5-1.7-2.4? I’ll take it!

Better than “3 deliveries in 2 hours for $5”. Eff those.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Not really. Boost only applies to the base fare, not to any supplements. As far as I know, there is no such thing as an Uber EATS delivery with a $10 base fare. Base fare generally ranges from $1 to $3. Any EATS delivery that pays $10 (from Uber, not the tip) generally has a pretty hefty trip supplement attached to it. In those cases, the boost doesn't matter because Uber's algorithm has an amount that it wants to offer to try to get the order delivered. If there is a boost, then the trip supplement just gets reduced by the boost amount to achieve the number that the algorithm wants. Boost only makes a difference on deliveries with no trip supplement.

"3 deliveries in 2 hours for $5" is better than a 1.1x boost. "3 deliveries in 2 hours for $5" is $1.67 extra per delivery. You would be hard pressed to find a delivery with a 1.1x boost where the boost added $1.67 to the delivery. For a boost to be better than "3 deliveries in 2 hours for $5", the boost needs to be roughly 2x or higher.
Party pooper. You’re right, of course. 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts